Brown Bourjois 2 in 1 Coup de Theatre Mascara  » Cosmetics  »
  • It's got quite nice packaging, easily recognisable by the white stripped design
  • Both the blue and green are now on my wish list

• by Gfeef

A few months ago I was looking desperately for a brown Mascara when I came across this Coup de Theatre 2in1 Mascara. Everything else in the small shop was black not brown so it was a default buy. Normally default buys don’t work out but this one was a pleasant surprise.

And… It’s really brown. Yes a brown mascara that you can tell is brown, not one that looks like it’s black. For all the fair hair, and auburn haired, girls out there this is a mascara that will not leave you looking like you have panda eyes from word go. Read the celebration cries! I’ve got mixed blond auburn long hair,

and that’s it folks. Red eyebrows and eyelashes are sure a pain to find a mascara for. Normally I end up having to put colour on my eyebrows to balance the darkness out, finally I can stop that. This one is a muddy brown and it’s dark enough to make my lashes look like I’m wearing normal mascara and not a strange colour.

It’s got quite nice packaging, easily recognisable by the white stripped design. Coup de theatre mascara is usually known for those wonderful two ended, white and colour mascara’s. The white is supposed to give you a false eyelashes look. This one claims to be 2 in 1, basically ...

• doing the whole job by it’s self. To look at it’s brush that will surprise you. It looks completely normal, apart from the thinness of one end, that just fills too quickly so I don’t use it. It’s apparently designed, with ‘narrowed rows of supple bristles and micro-reservoirs’, to make the lashes look longer. I can’t see that but I’d not say it’s not working, though like most products the claims are slightly exaggerated.

Apart from that it’s just a nice mascara that ticks all the boxes. I don’t find it clumps, it comes off easily enough but not too easily and it hasn’t dried up. I’ve not found it reacts with

my skin or makes my eyes water. It’s not waterproof enough to have a good cry, but it won’t run every time it gets the slightest bit damp. Overall, it’s not got any big negatives. For those who like to be a bit more varied it comes in Black as well as four bold colours : brown, blue, green and purple. Both the blue and green are now on my wish list.

Overall, I’d recommend it to anyone. I’ve had so many problems with mascara’s, the obvious ones with colour, but also finding ones that don’t make my cry though the day, or blink like a mad woman. I think I’ve finally found my match.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3125061158610130/k2311a0625/6.25.10