CapDase True Sound T1 iPod Speaker / Charger Home System  » Electronics  »
  • I bought this CapDase T1 Ipod Speaker in Greenhills for only Php 6000 (roughly $130)
  • I love to play trance and minimal to deep house, so I love that this delivers a solid quality of sound
  • I think it also helps that my tracks are 320kbps or 128kbps bitrate, so it adds to the clarity of the sound

• by dzzy21rn

I bought this CapDase T1 Ipod Speaker in Greenhills for only Php 6000 (roughly $130). The Capdase True Sound T1 is a 2.1 hifi speaker dock system made for iPod, finished in piano white. It has full menu control on remote control, as well as treble/bass mute shuffle and replay. It also has input select for S-video and USB. It is about 1 1/2 ft long, a little bit heavy (kinda like a subwoofer,made of wood,a little tough and heavy maybe 0.5 lb). I bought this because I want an iPod dock that is value for money, not too expensive and too fancy. CAPDASE is a company based in Hongkong, and also are manufacturers of iPod , Nintendo DS, and iPad accessories.

It has a small dock on its top, and is compatible with: iPod shuffle 1st gen 512 and 1GB, 2nd gen 1gb only. iPod Nanos 1st gen 1GB, 2GB and 4GB. Nano 2nd gen 2gb, 4GB and 8GB. Nano 3rd gen 4GB and 8GB. iPod Touch 8GB and 16GB. Clasic 80GB and 160GB. 5th gen 30GB, 60gb, 80GB. iPod with photo 30GB,40GB and 60GB. iPod with colour display 20GB and 60GB. iPod mini 4GB and 6GB only, iPod touch 1st gen to 3rd gen.

I am only using

an iPod classic 80GB and my husband is using iPod touch 3rd Gen 64GB, and both are working on the dock. Looking at the dock, it seems sleek and has very minimal design.The front part has the main speaker and at the top it has the charger/dock. Beside it is the small Stand by button and the volume controls. There are no digital indicators or screen whatsoever.

At the back part of it all the ports you need are there. The power switch and power cable are there. It includes and S-video port and has RCA ports as well. You can watch videos and the sound will play through this dock. It also has a USB port where you can connect USB devices (mp3 players) or connect your PC/laptop to. It also has a AUX out port, where I usually connect a long audio cable. This cable can connect to my laptop headphone jack (if I am watching a movie and I want to have full sound) or sometimes when I am lazy I even connect my iPod through it. When I do so, it only plays through the audio cable but not charge the iPod. So I get a lot of options because there are a lot of ...

• ports, especially when I want to change playlists and I want my iPod to be handy. I can play by sitting my iPod on the dock while charging, or I can connect a long audio cable from the dock to my iPod’s headphone jack so I can hold my iPod to change music.

This comes with a small, white, remote control. The remote control allows access to the iPod menu when the iPod is docked, and you can simply change tracks by pressing on forward,rewind, pause and play. It also allows toggling shuffle and continuous play. The remote also has the power button, bass and treble controls (up and down only, no display seen; same for volume control) and input selection (whether choosing to play thru S-video, RCA, headphone jack or the dock itself).

The sound is strong! For its size, the sound is really firm, strong, and the bass is deep! I love to play trance and minimal to deep house, so I love that this delivers a solid quality of sound. Sometimes when I am outside the room, the deepest bass can be felt sort of like, “creeping” out of the room. It’s like using a subwoofer/speaker. I think it is made of wood also. The clarity is good

as well. Sometimes I have to adjust the bass on my iPod equalizer or through the dock because the bass is really loud! Playing hiphop music is also great using this because the bass really is good. I think it also helps that my tracks are 320kbps or 128kbps bitrate, so it adds to the clarity of the sound.

I have used this dock to a lot of house parties, and sometimes I feel that one dock is not enough because even if the volume is strong, and the clarity and bass is good, I would like to have a surround speaker setup. However I would probably be getting a surround home theater setup with a lot of satellite speakers to do so. But this really does it job well. For the price, it is truly worth it. I don’t really need the alarm capability that comes with the iHome docks, and I don’t want another smaller dock. I have an Edifier and iHome2Go, and they are too small for house parties, plus the sound is not comparable to this. I have had instances when neighbors would call up because it was too loud (LOL). I really think this is worth it, and for the price, it is really a great value buy.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1625061158590130/k2311a0625/6.25.10