Simply Perfect For The Home Brand Peach Finish Micro Fiber  » Housewares  »
  • But only king sized sets were left in the high thread count sateen ones that I wanted so I was forced to consider alternatives
  • It seemed to imply softness, so I thought I might like them
  • These are 100% polyester and unfortunately I have no idea what the thread count is because it doesn’t seem to say anywhere on the package
  • I know this because I bought a new mattress set three months ago, and the mattress is very tall
  • In short, I like these sheets for being super soft, which I associate with luxury

• by Scarlet Hughes

Yahoo Messenger (required to be logged into Yahoo Messenger)

I got this queen sized sheet set at an Aafes exchange store. I’d like to point out that “Simply Perfect For The Home” is actually a brand name. Anyone who shops at U.S. millitary exchange stores is probably familiar with this brand name because they are the company that makes many of the items in the housewares section of these stores. Anyway, this brand actually wasn’t my first choice for sheets. But only king sized sets were left in the high thread count sateen ones that I wanted so I was forced to consider alternatives.

I guess the peach finish is what caught my attention. It seemed to imply softness, so I thought I might like them. I really wanted a taupe color. I didn’t find that so I settled on sort of an ecru color.

These are 100% polyester and unfortunately I have no

idea what the thread count is because it doesn’t seem to say anywhere on the package. I washed them when I got them home, like it says to on the package. For anyone who’s wondering, even though it doesn’t say this anywhere on the package yes these do have the deeper pockets to fit today’s taller mattresses. I know this because I bought a new mattress set three months ago, and the mattress is very tall. I got the fitted sheet on my mattress with no problems.

Easily the best thing about these sheets is the instant softness. Even before I went to wash them for the first time they had the softness of cotton sheets that have been washed over and over. The best sheets in the world in my opinion are the ones that have been softened by dozens and dozens of ...

• washings over the years. So it is fun to be able to get a similar kind of supple softness with a brand new sheet. I found I liked the ecru color better than I thought I would. And they even have a sateen like sheen to them which is kind of nice to look at.

However, there are two things I’m not sure about with these sheets. They are soft, yes, but they are really thin- much more so than cotton sheets. I’m not sure how I feel about that. They’re almost transparent really. Luckily, my pillows and mattress cover are just a plain white. If the mattress cover was patterned or the pillows had a ticking stripe, I would be able to see all that through the sheets. Not a good look. Second, they wrinkle very easily. This is really noticeable with the

top sheet and pillow cases. I guess that’s the thing that’s missing for me. I don’t get that crisp look and feel with these sheets, like what I’m used to with cotton. When I make the bed it has a more rumpled appearance than with cotton even when I’ve just washed the sheets and no one has slept in them yet.

In short, I like these sheets for being super soft, which I associate with luxury. But, their tissue like thinness feels less than luxurious to me and the wrinkling is a bit annoying. If given the choice I still would’ve preferred a nice cotton sateen. However, these were at least priced okay and seem to be a decent quality. I don’t mind using them occasionally when my other sheets are in the wash.

Sonja Cucinotti says :

I bought two twin sheet sets at Ocean Lots - as instructed I washed them in cold water with a white bedskirt that I had also purchased. The white bed skirt is now pink and when I put the sheets in the dryer there is a deep purple stain in the dryer.
    It is advisable that not colorfast be listed on the packaging. And who knows what kind of chemicals we would be sleeping on.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5324061158541030/k2311a0624/6.24.10