Lakeshore Apartments  » Real estate  »
2.0
108 Lakecrest Dr, Beaver Dam, WI 53916
  • The one we looked at had something growing on the ceiling in the corner (I think it was mildew) and had a musty smell to it

• by Review Vigilante

My niece is now old enough to move out of her parents’ house and live on her own. So, she has been looking at apartments here in Beaver Dam, WI (she’s going to college at the local technical school we have here). Since she isn’t that familiar with the area, I agreed to go with her and check out apartments at a complex my wife and I used to rent from; Lakeshore Apartments.

When we lived there a few years ago, the apartments were cheap but they also weren’t the most well-maintained either. It wasn’t bad the first year we lived there because they had a maintenance person who lived on premise.

But, after he left, things really started going downhill.

/> Well, I can say, over the few years we haven’t lived there, that place has gotten even worse.

I will say I do still kind of like the location where the apartments are located. Lakecrest drive isn’t always the easiest street to exit because of the traffic on Madison Street (it’s near the highway exit) but I do like the fact there are quite a few places within walking distance.

Save-a-Lot is still about a block away and there are a few convenience stores nearby. However, I also have to say, after seeing some of the neighbors, I don’t know if it is a place I would want to do any walking after dark.

Not helping that is the fact they ...

• also just opened up a club on the other side of the street of the building we toured. The apartments themselves also aren’t the greatest; at least when you consider the price is roughly the same as most of the other places in town.

The one we looked at had something growing on the ceiling in the corner (I think it was mildew) and had a musty smell to it. The window also didn’t look like it closed all the way; something that would be a pretty big problem in the winter time.

And, while the kitchen did have a dishwasher, it was tiny and cramped. While in the building, I also couldn’t help but notice how noisy it was.

I

have lived in dorm halls that weren’t as bad as that place. There were people talking extremely loudly in the stairway and someone was blaring their (Mexican) music down the hall.

Considering my niece would need to study, I really don’t think that would have been a good environment for her. After re-visiting the Lakeshore Apartments, I am now glad my wife and I were smart enough to move out of there when we did (even though it meant moving to yet a different apartment building at the time).

Had we stayed, I’m sure we would have been pretty darn miserable about our decision to do so. If you are looking for an apartment in Beaver Dam, Wisconsin, I would suggest looking at these only as a last resort.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 6224061158521030/k2311a0624/6.24.10