Sim City 2000  » Games  »
2.5
  • I love games that require some thought but not too much
  • First, I know there are Sim City experts out there that can actually play with the small amount of money they are given to start out with but I’m not one of them
  • The other thing I found I don’t like about this game is, while you are building the city, the game is fun but, once you have every spaced filled, then it starts getting a bit dull after a while
  • If you have this game but haven’t played it in a while, I would recommend taking the time to play it again because I think you will enjoy it at least for a little while

• by Review Vigilante

Now that school is out for the summer, I have some free time each morning before going to work (at least until my youngest daughter wakes up and wants out of her crib). Since everyone is still sleeping in the morning, I have to find something to do that is quiet. And, because of this, I recently re-discovered Sim City 2000. So far, I have played this game consistently.

But, I also know it is only a matter of time before I forget about it again and move on to something else later. The thing I do like about this game is gameplay is very easy (and not noisy). With the exception of entering in your city name at the beginning, everything is done with the click of a mouse.

And, for the most part, everything from figuring out where to place buildings to constructing underground plumbing is simple enough to do without

a great deal of work. It is also is one of those games that is both mind numbing and addictive. I have kind of a stressful job.

But, I can take my mind off of it simply by playing this game and, if I’m not careful, can lose track of time pretty quickly. There were a couple mornings when I was almost late for work because I wasn’t paying attention to the clock. I also love the fact the game, while simple enough, does require a bit of strategy too.

You need businesses to keep your residential properties employed and you need certain things to keep the businesses happy. I love games that require some thought but not too much. I will say that, while I love this game for the most part, I do know it is only a matter of time before I start getting seriously bored with it.

And, there ...

• are a couple reasons for that. First, I know there are Sim City experts out there that can actually play with the small amount of money they are given to start out with but I’m not one of them. If I don’t use a cheat code to gain more money, I usually run out pretty fast and, the second I have to borrow money on the game, I’m pretty much screwed because I end up having to spend most of my tax revenue paying back that loan (resulting in me borrowing even more money).

And, of course, if I have to use the cheat code to survive, I do feel like I am not achieving what I hoped to achieve in the first place. The other thing I found I don’t like about this game is, while you are building the city, the game is fun but, once you have every spaced filled,

then it starts getting a bit dull after a while. Yes, you can turn the disasters on and fight everything from riots to alien invasions.

But, even that will get old after an hour or so. I have tried to change things up a bit by trying some of the scenarios they have on the game. But, those are almost too easy.

If the scenario is to get rid of crime, for example, all you have to do is build more police stations. If you have this game but haven’t played it in a while, I would recommend taking the time to play it again because I think you will enjoy it at least for a little while. But, as is the case with many games, don’t start playing Sim City 2000 with the expectation that you will be entertained by it for weeks at a time because, after a few days, I’m sure you’ll want something else to pass the time with.

Sim City 2000

Sorry, there are no related reviews at moment
    The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2824061158511030/k2311a0624/6.24.10