Dove Hair Fall Therapy Shampoo with Repairing Serum  » Cosmetics  »
2.0
  • So I decided to get something to help improve my hair condition
  • Well, my problem was breakage so I decided to get it
  • I do not recommend the Dove Hair Fall Therapy Shampoo to anyone with oily scalp

• by true_value

Few months back I was on a holiday to India and went on quite a few travel trips within India. The drastic changes in climate and water turned my hair out of condition. Southern India has hot weather and hard water while the north has extremely cold weather and soft water. My hair was dry and brittle and was breaking easily even on its own and was worse when I combed or brushed.

When I got back to Singapore my usual Dove Daily Shine shampoo and conditioner were not helping much. So I decided to get something to help improve my hair condition. At the store I came across quite a lot of shampoos and conditioners that addresses hair breakage.

Pantene had one but I am not a fan of Pantene. I tried their shampoo once the regular formula and I had acne on my scalp. I have extremely sensitive skin including my scalp.

Like always

my eyes settled on the one from Dove, the Dove Hair Fall Therapy Shampoo and the matching conditioner. The bottle has the same trademark elongated oval design with a flip-top cap and the bottle was beautiful brownish beige. The conditioner had matching color in a flip-top cap and squeeze tube

At the back of the bottle Dove claimed to control excessive hair fall by repairing damage that can make hair more prone to hair fall. And that enriched with unique repairing serum dove’s caring formula would gently cleanse and repair hair strands weakened by everyday damage making hair beautifully smooth and strong for effective hair fall reduction.

At the end of the claim Dove also adds a note mentioning that by ‘hair fall’ they mean hair breakage and that the Shampoo and Conditioner makes hair stronger against breakage from brushing.

So what they meant is that the shampoo and conditioner does not treat hair falling out of the scalp but ...

• that it only helps prevents breakage. Well, my problem was breakage so I decided to get it.

I normally would prefer to buy the full size pump dispenser bottle but since I had not tried this before I decided to go with the smaller pack. I got the 375ml bottle of shampoo and the 350ml conditioner in a squeeze tube. The price was the same as any other Dove shampoo and conditioners. Both were priced at S$7.00 each.

In the shower I squeezed a blob of shampoo it had the same creamy consistency as Dove Daily shine, this one had a beige tint, the flowery fragrance was also similar. It lathered well and rinsed easily. I followed with the conditioner, which was thick and had the same strong but pleasant fragrance.

After drying my hair felt soft and smooth but by the end of the day my scalp felt very heavy and extremely oily. So much that

It gave me a headache. I had to wash my hair again with my Dove Daily Shine shampoo to fell light again.

I did not use the shampoo again because I knew that it did not suit my scalp. I however continued to use the conditioner, which did help me get my hair back to its healthy state with daily use.

I felt that both the shampoo and the conditioner were a bit too heavy for me. Even though the conditioner improved the condition of my hair and reduced breakage, I felt that it gradually builds up on my hair making it coarse, dull and weighed down.

This might work for those of you who have normal scalp and hair I guess. After I finished the conditioner I went back to my good old Daily Shine Therapy shampoo and conditioner.

I do not recommend the Dove Hair Fall Therapy Shampoo to anyone with oily scalp. But you could give the conditioner a try.

true_value replies :

Hi there, I have tried the Dove Hair fall therapy but did not like it. I would suggest using the Dove Daily Therapy shampoo as it is mild on the scalp paired with Garnier Hair Recovery Repair Shine Conditioner which is great. Also I use the Loreal smooth intense mask once a week. My hair is good condition right now. Hope this helped.

Rina says :

i did my hair rebonding five six month before.i m using well nio touch shampoo.but nowi m sefering with too much hair fall.is ove hair fall therapy shampoo is good for me?.if there is othere shampoo plz suggest me.thank you

Galega says :

I think hair rebonding has backfired for you as hair fall has only increased. You can definitely use Dove Hair Fall Therapy which is a proven way of containing severe hair fall. Apart from that, I would suggest you to use Trichup Hair Oil once a week. That is also a wonderful way of controlling hair fall.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3124061158491030/k2311a0624/6.24.10