14kt Rose Gold Diamond Flower Pendant by Amazon.com Collection  » Jewelry  »
  • I got an Amazon gift card for my birthday and I decided to use all of it on jewelry
  • I love to get a good deal on gold and crazy good deals appears to be Amazon’s strong point
  • I sometimes enjoy wearing copper because I think it looks good with my coloring
  • I can’t speak as to the quality of them as I know next to nothing about diamonds
  • I liked my shopping experience and I like this pendant

• by Scarlet Hughes

Yahoo Messenger (required to be logged into Yahoo Messenger)

I got an Amazon gift card for my birthday and I decided to use all of it on jewelry. Interestingly enough Amazon appears to have its own exclusive fine jewelry line called Amazon.com Collection. I love to get a good deal on gold and crazy good deals appears to be Amazon’s strong point. This rose gold pendant necklace from the Amazon.com Collection was only 40 dollars down from 360 dollars and the shipping was free. Awesome!

I’ve actually been curious to try rose gold since I heard about it over ten years ago. I have red hair and a fair complexion. I sometimes enjoy wearing copper because I think it looks good with my coloring. So when I saw this piece online, it seemed like a perfect chance to try some rose gold and see how I liked it.

This pendant came within a few days of my ordering it. It came in a nice navy colored clamshell type box on a white leather card. I love that color combination and I think it’s very classy and makes for a nice presentation. I also immediately

liked the look of this pendant. The combination of the soft warm color of the rose gold and the diamonds gives this pendant an almost antique look. I think it’s very feminine. The tiny diamonds glitter rather than sparkle. It’s very subtle, which I think some people are not going to like. I think it’s actually is a nice compliment to the rose gold. I can’t speak as to the quality of them as I know next to nothing about diamonds. What I would say is I don’t think they’re held in securely with prongs or channel set or anything like that. They appear to be sort of stuck in there which worries me just a little bit. So, I’ll be real careful when it comes time to clean them. I sure wouldn’t want any of them to fall out.

The chain is on the dainty side but certainly not the thinnest I have encountered with gold pendants. It’s not one of those pendant chains that’s so small it completely disappears on you. And it does have some presence to it. It actually sparkles as ...

• much or more than the diamonds do and it’s fun to wear because it’s almost an exact match for my hair color.

I have only a couple negative things to say about the chain. The chain is actually part of the pendant. So it’s not like I can take the pendant off the chain and wear it with something else or wear the pendant on a longer chain if I want to. I’m stuck with it as it is, which is a bit of a shame. I knew that when I bought it but I thought that was worth pointing out. Second, there seems to be a minor discrepancy with the description of the chain length. On the detailed description on the Amazon website it says the length is 18” rather than 16” based on the title of the item. I was prepared for it to be either length, but of course I was hopeful that it would be 18” rather than 16”.

I would also like to point out that the pictures make this pendant look much larger than it is. The flower pendant

is quite small. Too small for some folks I think. Also, I don’t think the pendant looks much like a flower. I mean, honestly what flower has only four petals? To me, it’s an X shape. I personally like better because it’s more unusual and I feel the diagonal lines of this shape gives the illusion of more size too.

Surprisingly, I find this pendant to be comfortable to wear despite the short chain length. The other thing that I really like is that for some reason this pendant stays right at the center of my throat and doesn’t shift around on me.

Overall this rose gold pendant was incredibly priced, and shipped quick despite the fact that I went with the slower free shipping option. I am looking forward to trying more rose gold in the future. I liked my shopping experience and I like this pendant. This turned out to be an extremely affordable and low risk way to try something different when it comes to gold jewelry.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 4524061158481030/k2311a0624/6.24.10