Vaseline Active Fresh Anti-Pespirant Roll-On Deodorant  » Health  »
  • I can say that I have always smelled fresh when wearing this, even at the end of the day, so I think as a deodorant this is a very good one
  • I like the way that plenty of the product comes out when I use the roll-on, just the right amount to cover my armpits

• by jeanne71

This was quite a cheap little roll-on from the Vaseline brand at only about £1.30 from my local supermarket. It does not say much on the bottle other than this is an anti-perspirant and a deodorant. Usually I do not expect a roll-on to provide me with much help when it comes to sweating as I tend to think aerosol sprays are better for that and, to be honest, I have not found this particular product to be very good at stopping me from sweating. When wearing it, I have still returned to my house with sweaty pits after walking to the shop and back on a hot day. But then I did not expect much. What is more important to me is the deodorizing aspect of it and in that sense this has been brilliant.

This particular one is called

‘Active Fresh’ which refers to the type of fragrance it has. I tend to go for sporty smells in a deodorant and I quite like how this smells. It does have a sporty scent which is a soapy kind of scent which I find pleasant and fresh. I do not find it overpowering although I will catch a whiff of that sporty, fresh scent throughout the day. This makes me confident that I do not smell of the dreaded body odour! As I say in all my deodorant reviews, I do loads of walking to save money on public transport and for the fitness factor, so I really need a strong deodorant that keeps me fresh or I feel self-conscious. I can say that I have always smelled fresh when wearing this, even at the end of the day,

• so I think as a deodorant this is a very good one.

This has some anti-perspirant effect but it is not very effective. On a warm day I can potter about my house and my armpits still stay dry but as I said, the slightest exertion even just down to the shop ten minutes away and I do sweat a bit, so I would not rely on its anti-perspirant qualities.

The plastic bottle looks like a white tooth which is slimmer and more pointy at the top end and wider at the base and it stands on its screw-top lid which is blue. The shape of it is so smooth that sometimes when I try to pick it up in a rush in the morning, it slips out of my hand and goes flying across the room.

This contains no alcohol and declares itself to be

ProDerma which I presume means it is gentle on the skin. I can say that I do find this to be gentle on the skin, especially after shaving my armpits, because it does not sting or feel harsh at all. I like the way that plenty of the product comes out when I use the roll-on, just the right amount to cover my armpits. With some roll-ons you cannot get enough out but this is good. Although this leaves your pits wet with the product, after a couple of minutes of rushing around the house with my elbows extended to let the air get to them, this is soon dry. It dries completely on the skin and leaves no stickiness at all which is good.

So this is good at deodorizing, pleasant to use with a fresh smell but not brilliant as an anti-perspirant.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3424061158191030/k2311a0624/6.24.10