TRESemme Fresh Start Dry Shampoo
  • However, sometimes your hair just feels kind of gross and oily, so that's why I decided to try out the TRESemme dry shampoo
  • I saw the TRESemme one at Wal-mart for around three dollars, so I thought why not
  • Personally, though I think the dry shampoo does a decent job, sometimes it makes my hair feel even more weighed down
  • I've definitely noticed that when my hair (especially my bangs) are really greasy and kind of stringy, this dry shampoo definitely helps
  • However, like I said, it's nothing amazing and using baby powder or cornstarch would probably do just as good of a job to absorb the excess oil

• by Kelairyy

Washing your hair every day is not healthy for it because the shampoo strips your hair of its natural oils. I find that if I wash my hair every day, my hair starts producing more oil than before, making me dependent on washing my hair every day. However, once I start to get into the habit of washing my hair every other day, my hair stopped producing as much oil. However, sometimes your hair just feels kind of gross and oily, so that’s why I decided to try out the TRESemme dry shampoo. I didn’t want to fork out twenty dollars or more on an expensive dry shampoo when I had never even tried one before. I saw the TRESemme one at Wal-mart for around three dollars, so I thought why not.

The dry shampoo comes in a bottle similar to that of a hairspray. It is really slim and long, which I personally like because it isn’t bulky so it won’t take up a lot of room in your bag or on

your bathroom counter. You press down to spray the product out onto your hair. It comes out like a white powder, which would work better with people with lighter hair. Basically what the dry shampoo is supposed to do is absorb the oil that is on your hair, leaving it with a matte finish so you don’t feel too uncomfortable and disgusting leaving the house without washing your hair. Personally, though I think the dry shampoo does a decent job, sometimes it makes my hair feel even more weighed down. I’d rather just leave my hair in a messy bun and put on a headband than try to absorb the oil with the dry shampoo.

First off, you have to shake the dry shampoo before you use it. This isn’t really a big deal, but sometimes when I try to spray the dry shampoo out, there will be that hairspray-y sound, which is misleading because I think that the dry shampoo has come out onto my hair. However, sometimes no product has even ...

• left the bottle. I have to constantly be careful how much I spray. Sometimes it won’t come out at all, and sometimes when I think nothing comes out, too much comes out. I think this product is really all about moderation. A little would do the trick and absorb the oil and greasiness of not-washed hair, but too much would just weigh your hair down and make it feel even more heavy. Whenever I put this on, it seems to make my hair less soft and silky. Also, if you spray too much on, there will be tons of white powder in your hair, which could make it look like you have dandruff. You really have to be careful!

What I usually do is I spray a little bit at a time around the roots of my hair. Then I wait a few seconds and use my fingers to gently pat the dry shampoo into my hair. After I wait another minute or so for the dry shampoo to fully sink it, I’ll

use a brush to brush my hair out a bit.

I’ve definitely noticed that when my hair (especially my bangs) are really greasy and kind of stringy, this dry shampoo definitely helps. However, it is no miracle worker, and you can’t expect to use the TRESemme dry shampoo and not need to wash your hair at all. I usually use this when I don’t have time to wash my hair that day.

Overall, I think that this is a pretty convenient product to have in case you’re going somewhere where you won’t have time to shower. It’s great for camping as well. This product can save you a bit of embarrassment from having to go out in public with stringy, oily hair. However, like I said, it’s nothing amazing and using baby powder or cornstarch would probably do just as good of a job to absorb the excess oil. However, it is only three dollars which is a great price for 5.7 ounces, so if you want to try it, I wouldn’t hold back.

TRESemme Fresh Start Dry Shampoo

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3124061158161030/k2311a0624/6.24.10