L’Oreal Elvive Re-Nutrition Night Serum for Hair  » Cosmetics  »
  • The problem with Vitapoint was that there was a fine line between having ‘moisturised’ and conditioned hair and looking like you could fry chips in it – it easily turned you into a greaseball
  • One thing I like about this night serum by L’Oreal is that it does not turn my hair greasy, it just makes it feel soft
  • I notice from other reviews that not everyone likes this smell but I really like it
  • I think it smells like an expensive hair product, the kind they use on you at the hairdressers

• by jeanne71

If you are as ancient as me (42!) you might remember that in the old days of the 1970s the only thing resembling a conditioning hair serum was a tube of cream called Vitapoint I think. This was a cream that you smoothed sparingly onto your hair that was supposed to provide moisturisation for dry hair in between washes. The problem with Vitapoint was that there was a fine line between having ‘moisturised’ and conditioned hair and looking like you could fry chips in it – it easily turned you into a greaseball! One thing I like about this night serum by L’Oreal is that it does not turn my hair greasy, it just makes it feel soft. This product is called L’Oreal Elvive Re-Nutrition Night Serum and it was not too expensive from my local supermarket.

Firstly, to describe what the bottle

claims this will do. It contains a blend of nourishing ingredients, including Royal Jelly, proteins, amino acids, vitamins and it is supposed to not only condition and hydrate dried out hair, but will also revitalize it, making it bouncy and silky. It is supposed to work over a period of time as we are instructed to smooth one or two pumps of the stuff into our hair at night and then wake up to this amazingly revitalized hair.

For a start, I find this product a pleasure to use mainly because of the smell, which may not be to everyone’s taste. It must be the Royal Jelly I can smell because the only thing the smell is closest to is honey. I notice from other reviews that not everyone likes this smell but I really like it. I think it smells like ...

• an expensive hair product, the kind they use on you at the hairdressers. I have caught the odd whiff of this scent on my hair for a couple of hours after application and then it fades away. Even if you are not keen on the smell this should not be too much of a problem.

It is not a clear serum – it kind of looks like honey mixed with cream. It is an off-white thick serum that melts instantly onto your hands and is easy to smooth through the dry areas of my hair. It seems to sink into my hair without leaving a trace of stickiness or greasiness and it does not leave my hands sticky either. My hair does feel immediately softened by this product but I think you have to give it some time for the re-vitalizing aspect

to work. When I have applied this at night, when I wake up my hair does look a little more ‘bouffant’ than when I went to bed so I think it does re-vitalize it somewhat and I would say that this does add some body to my hair but do not expect it to work miracles in that respect. Considering this is a moisturizing serum, it certainly does not make my hair lank. I do not think this adds any more shine to my hair, but it certainly feels softer and I really like using it to pep up my hair between washes as it does get drier for every day after I have washed it usually. My hair needs cutting and the ends especially get dry and feel a bit coarse and this product certainly makes it feel silky and soft.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3124061158151030/k2311a0624/6.24.10