Shutter Island movie  » Movies  »
  • However I heard so many good things about it that I just had to suck it up and watch it and I don’t regret it at all
  • This was a great movie, period and I would recommend it to anyone

• by GoodEgg462

This movie totally lived up to all the hype I heard about it. I personally am not a big Leonardo Decaprio fan and it was almost the reason I didn’t watch this movie. However I heard so many good things about it that I just had to suck it up and watch it and I don’t regret it at all. It was visually pleasing, great cast and a great story.

I for one love a movie that can be so unpredictable that it makes me jump because the scene that playing is so intense. I would have to say that movie made me jump about a good 10

times or so, which is good for a two hour movie. The first 10 minutes of it was slow, but that is understandable because they have to build up to the movie. But from the time they reached shutter Island until the time the movie ended I was completely hooked and couldn’t look away from the screen.

The story is what I really wanted to watch it for because that is what I heard all the great things about. I heard a lot things about there being a twist and “you’re not gonna believe how it ends” hype. I caught the twist halfway into the movie, whereas everyone else I talked to didn’t figure it out until the end when you are supposed to. I was not upset by this because even though I had the twist figured out there was still a lot to be explained about how things came to be. Do not read any further because I want to do a great review and I can’t do it without spoilers.

The story is about two US Marshall’s who go out to this federally funded mental institution on a secluded Island. They are there to investigate a missing patient. The patient who is missing is in the institution because she murdered all 3 of her ...

• Shutter Island movie
      children by drowning them in a pond. She was apparently walked to her room after a group therapy session and locked up for the night. During a routine check she was found missing from her room, which is locked from the outside. There was no sign of forced entry and it was an absolute mystery. By this time Leonardo Decaprio’s main character starts to sense that there is something not right with this institution. During the rest of the movie you see more of the Island and you are finally taken inside Ward C, which is where they keep the most dangerous of the criminally insane. There are
      a lot of intense parts of the movie and I was hooked to the edge of my seat the entire time.

Spoiler: This is something I figured out halfway through the movie. Leonardo Decaprios character is actually crazy and has been on Shutter Island. He is indeed not a US Marshall. Remember the lady at the beginning of the story who went missing, the one who murdered his children. They psychotic though came from the fact that it was actually his wife that murdered their children and he then in turn murdered his wife and apparently went insane.

This was a great movie, period and I would recommend it to anyone!

Shutter Island movie

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1124061157810930/k2311a0624/6.24.10