Adventureland movie  » Movies  »
1.5
  • I am surprised that I heard as many good reviews about it because I thought it sucked

• by GoodEgg462

What an upset of a movie this was. I am surprised that I heard as many good reviews about it because I thought it sucked. I didn’t laugh not even one time during the whole duration of the movie. The movies is about a boy who just graduates from college and has his eyes set on going off for the summer in Europe. When on a dinner date with his parents he finds out that they are having money problems and they won’t be able to help fun his trip. So instead of going off for the summer of a lifetime he ends up getting a crummy minimum wage job at a local amusement park.

The actual concept of the movie which i’ve

just spelled out for you is great, but the way they unfolded the movie was just stupid, I can’t think of any other word to describe it with. So the main character James, played by Jesse Eisenburg goes to work at this crazy amusement park and meets all kinds of people two of them being girls who end up being the love focal point of the movie and for the most part the movie deals with his interactions with these girls. The two girls of his Interest are Em and Lisa P played by Kristen Stewart and Margarita Levieva. Em is what I would call a dark character, or troubled. She is having an ongoing affair with a married man. This affair ...

• is very low key. She is what some might call one of the guys; the type you could take out drinking and she might drink you out under the table. Then Lisa, who has just returned the park is the hot thing going. She is the girl that every guy wants to be with and that girls just hate because she is so pretty and fashionable.

The only thing I liked about the movie is how it portrayed the “don’t judge a book by it’s cover” aspect of the girls in the movie. You would think just by looking at the character that Em is the good girl and doesn’t sleep around and some might think that Lisa P. Is a

complete slut. When in fact it is the opposite way around.

The Acting was OK, I wouldn’t call the movie bad acting, it was just a really bad story line. He starts having semi relationships with both girls and he just seems to be a confused boy and maybe that is the point. I will be honest.. I dozed off during several parts of the movie. I was conscious to see the ending, but it did the most of the movie that I had watched no justice.

If you want to waste money and watch an un-enjoyable movie be my guest, I am glad I got this through netflix and didn’t actually by it or even go to the theater to see it. Don’t see it, It’s stupid!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1124061157750930/k2311a0624/6.24.10