Almay Clear Complexion Concealer Light
  • I didn't even consider using concealers until well into my twenties when I found a green colored concealer used to cover red blotches, and a yellow color concealer used to cover under-eye circles
  • The main problem with concealers, however, is that there isn't a wide color selection, so I have to be careful because not every color meshes or blends well with my very pale and yellow-ish skin tone
  • I wont be trying this product again until they have more color options, but at least I know that the coverage is great and it's convenient enough in size to carry in a pocket or small purse

• by Anasuya

Every once in a great while, I’ll luck out and my complexion will clear up enough that I can get away with using a concealer and some powder, verses having to use an all-over foundation. When I was a teen and my complexion was at its worst, I used to have to use a pancake foundation just to provide sufficient coverage, but thankfully those days are far behind me and I’ve been able to move on to using a liquid foundation, which I much prefer. I didn’t even consider using concealers until well into my twenties when I found a green colored concealer used to cover red blotches, and a yellow color concealer used to cover under-eye circles. Since then, I’ve never looked back and always have a concealer of one kind or another in my make-up bag at all times. I typically use Revlon products on a regular basis, but switch them out every other month to give my skin a breather and

try something new, that might hopefully even work better than the Revlon has worked for me over the years.

I still get occasional breakouts that can sometimes be more severe than I’d like (though still nothing like when I was a teen and my hormones were raging). So I need something that’s going to provide the right amount of coverage.

I found Almay Clear Complexion Concealer Light and paid $8 for it. I was a little put off by the price immediately, because I can buy a whole bottle of foundation for that amount if I’m lucky enough to find it on sale. But, even when my foundation isn’t on sale, it’s still only a couple dollars more expensive than this concealer. The great thing about this concealer, however, is that it’s size makes it prime for travel, especially in a pocket or small evening bag. You don’t have to carry an entire jar or compact of foundation to do an emergency touch-up when ...

• they become necessary. The main problem with concealers, however, is that there isn’t a wide color selection, so I have to be careful because not every color meshes or blends well with my very pale and yellow-ish skin tone. I chose the “light” color.

I have to say right off the bat, that even the light color was WAY too dark, especially for something that’s not meant to provide an all-over coverage. It’s very pink and sometimes even orange looking, and the color is very noticeable. I applied it over a few blemishes and blended it in to the surrounding skin, but it was so obvious, especially when I was in natural lighting, that I was using a cover-up over blemishes, which just made the blemishes stand out even more. This didn’t thrill me to say the least.

I have to say, though, that it’s a good concealer in and of itself, aside from the color. It covers thoroughly, and for me it didn’t

look caked on or anything. It’s a heavier concealer and dries very quickly, and stays in place all day long, which is sometimes a problem more than it’s a perk. Because it dries so quickly and it’s a heavier product, it doesn’t blend as well as it otherwise probably could. I wish they offered more color options, or something more appropriate for my pale skin tone which has a yellow-ish tint to it. The price is a little steep, because the one tube didn’t last me very long. Better for the occasional blemish, or to cover under-eye circles or red blotchy skin, but not great for covering numerous blemishes. You’ll go through it a lot more quickly than you anticipate, I can gaurantee it.

I wont be trying this product again until they have more color options, but at least I know that the coverage is great and it’s convenient enough in size to carry in a pocket or small purse. Those are the biggest perks for me.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3124061157420830/k2311a0624/6.24.10