Dove Damage Therapy Shampoo Shine Boost  » Cosmetics  »
  • Problem is, of course, that my hair is very oily at the roots, but is very dry and damaged at the tips
  • I don't know how to describe the scent of this product, which is something I like to do
  • I can't pinpoint floral scents or food scents, like citrus, but there's definitely something wonderful about it
  • I can now add another Dove product to my list of bath and body supplies that I love

• by Anasuya

Dove lotions and soaps are some of my favorite products, and I’ve used a lot of variations of them over the years. I find that, as a lotion, it’s one of the few products I can use that thoroughly hydrates my skin, even during the harsh Michigan winters. So, when I saw the Dove Damage Therapy Shampoo, I figured it was a good way to go. If the lotion hydrates my skin, why wouldn’t the shampoo hydrate my hair. Problem is, of course, that my hair is very oily at the roots, but is very dry and damaged at the tips. For the past few months, I’ve sort of had a mid-life crises and taken to dying my hair at every turn and, as a result, it’s starting to look very dried and tangled. I used to be able to run my hands through my hair and never run into all these knots, but now the knots are like a common part of my hair, and I hate it! My

usual cheap shampoo just isn’t cutting it, and a cheap conditioner just adds to the problem of my oily roots. I can literally wash my hair first thing in the morning, and by 2 o’ clock in the afternoon, it looks like I haven’t washed my hair for three days. It’s totally unmanageable and just a nightmare to deal with most days, and I’ve been at my wits end lately.

The Dove Damage Therapy Shampoo seemed a good fit, what with the words “damage therapy” in the name. If this wouldn’t help with the damage that dying my hair as caused, I was pretty sure I’d have to resort to some seriously expensive treatments as a result. This shampoo was only $4, but it’s a smaller sized bottle. I did actually like the shape of the bottle though, because it’s a little flatter, as far as girth is concerned, and fits nicely on the rim of a bathtub without falling over every other minute.

I don’t know how to describe ...

• the scent of this product, which is something I like to do. It doesn’t have a very defined smell to it. I can’t pinpoint floral scents or food scents, like citrus, but there’s definitely something wonderful about it! I have issues with products with artificial fragrance in it, because it effects my sinuses and I can even sometimes have a mini asthma attack over it. I didn’t have this problem at all with the Dove Damage Therapy shampoo, even though it does have artificial fragrance in it. I wish it came from natural ingredients, but because I didn’t have an adverse reaction to it, I’ll deal with it. I even got a few compliments on the scent the first day that I used it and, I have to brag a little and say that my husband really loves the scent!

The one thing I liked about this product, above all other things, is that it’s supposed to specifically treat dry and damaged ends. And when I used it, that’s exactly what

it seemed to do. It was lightweight but still lathered richly. I worked it in very well and it rinsed cleanly without the squeak in my hair afterwards, so I knew it was moisturizing the way it’s supposed to. My hair never felt heavy, not even several hours into my day when it would normally start to look like it needed a good washing again. And the tips looked SO much healthier, even after the first wash.

But the great thing was that the longer I used the product, the more it seemed to work at getting my hair to a naturally healthy state. Usually, if I use a shampoo for more than two weeks, it stops working as well, but the opposite was happening with this product! I can now add another Dove product to my list of bath and body supplies that I love. I really can’t say a single bad thing about this and I’m even going to buy the conditioner the next time I pick up this shampoo.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3124061157310830/k2311a0624/6.24.10