Revlon Custom Creations Foundation SPF 15 Fair/Light  » Cosmetics  »
  • I've used ColorStay liquid foundation for years, and it's one of the few foundations that I think really gives me the kind of coverage that I'm looking for, especially for a liquid
  • But, I like to switch out my foundations every other month when I run out and try something new
  • The one thing about this product is that it's a little complicated to use, I found
  • The first thing I noticed was that the color was, surprisingly, off

• by Anasuya

I was very excited when I saw a commercial for the new Revlon Custom Creations Foundation. I’ve used ColorStay liquid foundation for years, and it’s one of the few foundations that I think really gives me the kind of coverage that I’m looking for, especially for a liquid. But, I like to switch out my foundations every other month when I run out and try something new. I think it gives my skin a breather and keeps it from getting too used to the same thing. I have very all-over oily skin, which has been problematic for me for as long as I can remember, and I’m prone to breakouts, regardless of the fact I’m in my thirties. My breakouts aren’t nearly as severe as they were in my youth, but it’s still something I require good coverage to hide and treat. And treating it IS important to me, not just covering it up. Revlon products have always been very kind to my skin, and have prevented

breakouts from being far worse than they probably otherwise would.

The one thing about this product is that it’s a little complicated to use, I found. You have to adjust the dial to “first use” and then follow the directions on the back of the bottle. It’s supposed to create a customized shade just for your skin tone. I have very pale skin, so it’s often very difficult for me to find something that isn’t too pink or too pale, and still provides me the kind of coverage I’m used to in a foundation. After setting it to “first use”, you pump it until the foundation flows freely (I guess it gathers foundation from both sides of the bottle at this setting and frees up the pump), then you can set it to the desired shade.

I apply it just like I would apply my normal liquid foundation. I squirt a bit onto a disposable sponge and swipe it over my skin, blending it in thoroughly. The ...

• first thing I noticed was that the color was, surprisingly, off. Even using the light/fair combination, it still looked too pink for my skin tone, which has a natural yellow tint to it. And, it wasn’t the heavier coverage that I was used to with other Revlon products. This was a bit disappointing to me. It’s not bad when my blemishes are under control, but during a breakout, this would’ve been totally useless for me.

One thing I did like about it, however, is that you can adjust the dial to treat varying differences in skin tone. For instance, I could go a little lighter or darker to cover my under eye circles, or the red blotchiness around my nose and chin. And, despite the fact you can change colors like that, it still blends in nicely and doesn’t look like you’ve just used four different colors on your face. It’s not a buildable foundation, though, meaning you can’t apply it, and then apply another layer on

top of it to get more coverage. It’s very light and almost watery in a way, and it left my skin feeling far more moist than I was used to. Because I have very oily skin naturally, there’s just no way that I could use this product on a daily basis, especially not during the humid Michigan summers.

I really wish that it was a heavier coverage, because I loved the concept behind it, and it really was a mess free product and, after the initial use and you get the hang of it, it’s very easy to use and adjust the dial. I never found that the pump got clogged, and I liked the idea of the pump because it prevents contamination of the rest of the product. In theory, it’s a good product, but the fair/light color combination just wasn’t light enough for me, and too pink, and it wasn’t a heavy enough foundation to give me the kind of coverage I was expecting from a Revlon product.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3124061157290830/k2311a0624/6.24.10