Stereo Live Nightclub  » Entertainment  »
6400 Richmond Avenue, Houston, TX 77002
  • I think it does well for itself because every single time I have ever been, it has been packed
  • It is definitely a pretty popular place with a lot of patrons
  • I have met some great, interesting people at Stereo Live on Friday nights

• by Intensify

Stereo Live is a nightclub in Houston, Texas. It was formerly known as Bar Rio and is located at 6400 Richmond Avenue, Houston, TX 77002. I go to Stereo Live a lot to hear live music. They always have a great performer each weekend. I think that it is an awesome venue. It is probably one of my favorite in Houston just because of the way it is laid out. It has a lot of competition because it is located in an area with a lot of other nightclubs and strip clubs in the near vicinity. I think it does well for itself because every single time I have ever been, it has been packed. A lot of people can fit. I think the capacity is something

like 1,000. It is definitely a pretty popular place with a lot of patrons. I have never had a bad night going out at Stereo Live.

Stereo Live is a huge venue. I don’t see how it has so much space. There are two different levels so if you pay the money to get up to the second level (the VIP level), you can get a great view of the entire place. It has the best seats in the house. I always pay to go up to the upper level, but the lower level can be fun too. The balcony section of the second floor is a very fun place to be. I do not really drink much so I can’t say much of the quality or the ...

• price of the drinks at the bars, but I have yet to hear anyone complain about this.

There are apparently seven bars located throughout Stereo Live. This is great because it basically means that you never have to wait very long to get a drink even when the place is packed. The stage itself is pretty awesome. They have huge video screens on either side and a great lighting system. I am always amazed by the lighting they manage to put together. The entertainment that comes to Stereo Live is always top notch. They recently had Benny Benassi there to perform and his openers were DJ Red and GRRRL parts. That was an amazing show. They have several wonderful upcoming events like Boys Noize. I am a huge

fan of a lot of the musical acts that they bring through.

A great crowd always shows up at Stereo Live. It is generally 18 and up which can be annoying if too many immature 18 year olds show up, but this doesn’t usually happen. I have met some great, interesting people at Stereo Live on Friday nights. Overall, I think Stereo Live deserves a rating of a 9 out of 10. I always have a great night when I go there. They have a great set-up, a good number of bars, awesome lighting, and always have good performers. This is definitely one of my favorite nightclubs in Houston. Even though it is located pretty far away from where I live in Houston, I go here all the time.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5924061157230830/k2311a0624/6.24.10