Avon Simply Pretty Blendable Eyeshadow Duo in Earth Angel  » Cosmetics  »
0.5
  • I like wearing makeup because it highlights the features I like best and camouflages whatever it is I want to hide and, as long as it works for me, it doesn't really matter whether the makeup is expensive or cheap
  • The only problem I had was that I could not try the products on without ordering them
  • Needless to say, this is a very unremarkable and disappointing product that I do not recommend to anyone

• by ascendant

I woke up one day to find our helpers pouring over a catalogue of Avon. Intrigued, I asked to see it and was delighted to discover that Avon has a lot of products, makeup especially. I like wearing makeup because it highlights the features I like best and camouflages whatever it is I want to hide and, as long as it works for me, it doesn’t really matter whether the makeup is expensive or cheap. However, I do get a kick out of buying cheap makeup especially if I learn that it works just as well as its expensive counterpart.

Looking at the pages of Avon’s catalogue, I was delighted to find out that there are lipsticks that go for less than 150php and eye shadows for less than 200php. The only problem I had was that I could not try the products on

without ordering them. It’s difficult to appreciate a lipstick’s shade on the basis of what it looks like in the picture because more often than not, pictures do not really capture the true shade of the product. Anyway, I have never used any of Avon’s makeup products before so even if the items were cheap, I was hesitant to order lipstick. I did, however, place an order for Avon’s Simply Pretty Blendable Eyeshadow Duo in Earth Angel because it was only 180php and more importantly, I figured that as long as the shade is neutral, I could always use it. Nevermind if the actual shade is different from the its photo version.

My Avon Simply Pretty Blendable Eyeshadow Duo finally arrived. Just as in the picture, the container is a round plastic case with a see through plastic glass flip top cover.

• There was no box but the item was sealed by a clear plastic wraparound tape. There was also one small sponge-tipped applicator that came with it. The duo shades of Earth Angel are mocha and champagne with mocha obviously being the darker shade of the two. Both shades looked very pretty but the champagne looks more to me like a creamy flesh shade in its container.

According to the instructions printed finely on the bottom, the lighter shade should be applied to the entire eyelids first followed by the darker shade. I followed the instructions carefully and applied both shades. The shade of mocha looks like a dark chocolate brown in its container so I was expecting it to go on dark and be very visible on my eyelids. When I looked in the mirror though, I could not see any

difference in my eyes. It looked like I had put nothing on. I applied the champagne shade on the back of my hand and this time, I could see a shimmery but indistinguishable color. There was more shimmer than shade. The mocha, on the other hand, disappeared completely when I applied and blended it. It was as if Avon ran out of brown pigments when they made this eye shadow. No wonder it was so cheap.

Needless to say, this is a very unremarkable and disappointing product that I do not recommend to anyone. My initial worry that I might make a mistake with the shade became irrelevant. With Avon Simply Pretty Eyeshadow Duo in Earth Angel, you can never go wrong with the shade because there is no pigment at all! Avon has taught me to be wary of catalogue products.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3124061156840830/k2311a0624/6.24.10