Off! Deep Woods insect repellent  » General  »
  • Because of the plants, however, mosquitoes have become a problem
  • Of all the other varieties of insect repellent available in the market, I like Off
  • This is one product I highly recommend to anyone who enjoys staying outdoors or even indoors if there are a lot of mosquitoes or other insects around

• by ascendant

We have a garden by the side of our house filled with tall palms and a variety of plants. On lazy nights when my friends come over, this is where we stay to play cards or just hang out. Because of the plants, however, mosquitoes have become a problem. I tried to improve the situation by having citronella candles strewn all about but it did very little to drive away the mosquitoes and most of the time, my friends and I still find ourselves getting bitten. Staying indoors and hanging out at the family room is out of the question since most of my friends are smokers and I don’t want my house to smell like cigarettes.

Finally, I found a solution in Off! Deep Woods insect repellent. My mother in law who just came back from her trip to the States brought me back a couple of 177ml bottles.

Off! Deep Woods insect

repellent comes in a plastic spray bottle with a green atomizer. It’s a great product by S.C. Johnson and Son that allows me and my friends to stay outdoors and keeps the mosquitoes at bay. While I see still some mosquitoes hovering about, I have not once been bitten ever since I started using this product. Of all the other varieties of insect repellent available in the market, I like Off! Deep Woods because it provides long lasting protection even against biting flies, gnats, and chiggers. While we don’t have biting flies in our garden, I appreciate the wide protection it offers. The bottle says it is unscented but there is a pine-y scent about it which does not really bother me. While there is also a regular Off! in a lotion version which costs cheaper, I like the spray bottle because it is more convenient to apply. I also like that no ...

• member of my family has experienced any adverse reaction from using this. I guess the only negative thing I can say about this product is that it is not wood friendly. We have a set of finished wooden chairs in our garden and I find that if I apply a lot on my skin, it makes it stick to the wood and destroys the finish of the chair so I have to limit my application to just my clothes.

Off! Deep Woods insect repellent can be used on the face, albeit sparingly, and as with any insect repellent, care has to be taken not to get any on the eyes. I use it sometimes on my face by applying the product on my hands first. What little product is left after rubbing my hands together is what I put on my face. That way, I don’t saturate my face with the product.

Off!

Deep Woods insect repellent is such a necessity for me that I have since kept a bottle in my garden (in an area not exposed to sunlight, of course) and in the car so that I always have it with me especially when I take walks in the village park. It has kept me and everyone in my family from being eaten alive by the mosquitoes. This is one product I highly recommend to anyone who enjoys staying outdoors or even indoors if there are a lot of mosquitoes or other insects around. It’s an excellent and inexpensive way to prevent dengue fever and other ailments caused by mosquito bites.

For those wanting to know, Off! Deep Woods insect repellent is not available in Mercury Drug and I have not seen it in the aisles of supermarkets like SM, Shopwise and Makati Supermarket. I do remember seeing some being sold though in True Value in Rockwell, Makati.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 124061156810730/k2311a0624/6.24.10