Maybelline Pure Mineral powder foundation  » Cosmetics  »
1.5
  • I like the concealing effect of foundation so much that I now cannot leave the house without wearing it
  • I found the finish so natural in fact that it had not been able to cover the sun spots on my face
  • However, I have not noticed any improvement on my skin at all
  • I did not have the same experience with MAC and with my latest favourite, Cover Girl whipped cream foundation
  • I am still a fan of the brand though and I still swear by some of their wonderful products like Great Lash mascara, however, I felt extremely disappointed by their powder foundation and I will not buy it again

• by ascendant

I never seem to get enough sleep and this bad habit has already started to take its toll on my skin. On a really bad day, I would wake up with ashy skin and eye bags so huge that they should be called eye luggage. Frequent sun exposure also led me to develop quite a few sun spots on my face. Thanks to foundation makeup, however, I am able to fake a flawless look especially in the pictures. I like the concealing effect of foundation so much that I now cannot leave the house without wearing it.

MAC Studio Fix in NC30 has always been my powder foundation of choice because it is inexpensive, easy to use, and works well on my skin. I like that it provides coverage heavy enough to hide my skin imperfections but at the same time, light enough that it does not feel heavy on my face. Recently, however, there was so much hype about mineral makeup that I wanted

to try it just to see if it had a better effect on my skin. A lot of makeup brands have already come up with their own line of mineral makeup, with Bare Escentuals being at the forefront.

I had just transferred from Makati to Alabang where the malls really didn’t offer me much choice in terms of makeup brands. There was no MAC in either Alabang Town Center or Filinvest Mall and I was not ready to spend an arm and a leg in Rustan’s for a brand of mineral makeup that I just wanted to test. So, I went to PCX, a store inside Alabang Town Center, which sells drugstore brand makeup.

PCX had Maybelline Pure Mineral powder foundation which caught my eye and I purchased it for 599php. What a steal! The powder foundation has no fragrance and it has already an spf of 25. The content weighs 8g and is encased in a plastic glass container with a black plastic lid.

• I especially like that it already comes with a Kabuki brush. I chose the shade W02 Natural Ochre because it is the closest shade to my skin. The instructions are printed on the back portion of its plastic box and repeated again in the bottom portion of the container. I remember I was so excited to use it the next day.

Okay, that all transpired a couple of months ago. Now, my container is still more than half full. Why? Well, in its box it says that Maybelline Pure Mineral powder provides a natural finish. I found the finish so natural in fact that it had not been able to cover the sun spots on my face. Maybelline claims that the Pure Mineral powder foundation improves skin radiance by 36%, smoothness by 16%, and tone by 35%. However, I have not noticed any improvement on my skin at all. All it did was make my skin itchy by mid-day. When I was still using

it, I remember that it made me look forward to going home so I can wash my face at the end of the day. My face not only itched but it felt heavy, like I was wearing a mask on. I did not have the same experience with MAC and with my latest favourite, Cover Girl whipped cream foundation.

On the one hand, I found out that a lot of my officemates were fans of Maybelline Pure powder foundation. As for me, I stopped using it after about two weeks. I guess I expected mineral powder foundation as something that would provide me with enough coverage but at the same time would feel light and airy on my skin and I got none of this from Maybelline. I am still a fan of the brand though and I still swear by some of their wonderful products like Great Lash mascara, however, I felt extremely disappointed by their powder foundation and I will not buy it again.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3124061156800730/k2311a0624/6.24.10