Secret Invisible Antiperspirant in Baby Powder  » Health  »
1.5
  • The scent that I bought Baby Powder, which is a warm powdery floral scent, and is very much like baby powder
  • But after that I definitely start sweating again, and I don’t live in a particularly hot country
  • I think an antiperspirant should prevent the user from sweating for at least 4 hours, or half of a work day before I’d have to reapply
  • Therefore, as an antiperspirant, I believe it fails is job as it does not prevent me from sweating for a long period of time
  • I would also recommend other people not to use it despite it being cheap and readily available at any place that sells deodorants and antiperspirants

• by shanjucool

Secret is a line of deodorant and antiperspirant products that are available in any drugstore that sell these items. This particular product is advertised as use for ladies. It claims to be a strong in its purpose of preventing the user from sweating and also promises to go on clear and thus appear invisible. The scent that I bought Baby Powder, which is a warm powdery floral scent, and is very much like baby powder.

I absolutely do not like this brand of antiperspirant. It can perform its job of being an antiperspirant for around 1 hour to a maximum of 1.5 hours. But after that I definitely start sweating again, and I don’t live in a particularly hot country. I think an antiperspirant should prevent the

user from sweating for at least 4 hours, or half of a work day before I’d have to reapply. But this product did not perform its job and I had wet armpits within the first few hours of a workday, and I do not have a physically strenuous job either. Therefore, as an antiperspirant, I believe it fails is job as it does not prevent me from sweating for a long period of time. As Secret does not make any promise of providing sweat prevention for any certain period of time, I guess it is fair for them to sell it and the consumer’s fault for buying it without being aware of its actual performance.

Another bad point about this product is the scent. It is labeled ...

• ‘Baby Powder’ and from that, I get a sense of it being a soft and soothing scent, something that is mild and does not over ride the actual perfume that I’m sporting for the day. But instead this product had such a strong scent, it was completely overwhelming. It took over my perfume and left me feeling very sick and nauseous after a day of wearing this product under my armpits.

Also, when you start to sweat, your sweat would mingle with the strong scent of this antiperspirant and produce a very foul smell, which is a mixture of very strongly scented baby powder and cigarettes, I don’t know why. My experience with the scent of this product left me feeling particularly disgusted about this antiperspirant.

Also, the promise of this product being invisible and clear is completely bogus as there is a very obvious white residue on your armpits when you apply this product, and it doesn’t disappear later either. Rather, when you take your clothes off after the day, you can see the stain of the white residue on your clothes, along with your sweat, and this stain does not come off easily, unless you dry clean your clothes regularly, which would be pretty expensive.

Overall, I did not like this product at all and would not be repurchasing it again. I would also recommend other people not to use it despite it being cheap and readily available at any place that sells deodorants and antiperspirants. If you liked this review, please vote.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3424061156710730/k2311a0624/6.24.10