Flexeril  » Medicine  »
  • Another problem that I had with the drug was the constant nausea that appeared every time I used it
  • I know it’s important to eat with a medication that makes you sick, so I increased the amount of food intake before taking the drug, but that didn’t work either
  • I have no doubt that Flexeril might be better tolerated in some patients than it was in me, but there are other people out there that will experience this same side effect

• by Cprice

I was diagnosed in 2006 with Fibromyalgia Syndrome. In my case, the pain followed a nerve pattern, which caused sharp pain, as opposed to the usual muscle pain that is associated with this syndrome. My doctor felt that the prescription medication Flexeril might help alleviate some of my pain.

It was described to me as a muscle relaxer but it didn’t relax muscles or nerves.

This medication was of no benefit to me. It made me extremely sleepy and at times irritable upon waking, but did absolutely nothing to alleviate my pain. The doctor had me increase the dose slightly but this had no effect. To me, it is nothing more than a sleeping pill. I could not function while taking this medication and I am responsible for children, so that was not going to work out.

Another problem that I had with the drug was the constant nausea that ...

• Flexeril
      appeared every time I used it. I know it’s important to eat with a medication that makes you sick, so I increased the amount of food intake before taking the drug, but that didn’t work either. I quickly returned to my doctor to report that this drug wasn’t
      for me.

I have no doubt that Flexeril might be better tolerated in some patients than it was in me, but there are other people out there that will experience this same side effect. For me it didn’t go away and the nausea didn’t go away either. Look elsewhere for nerve pain relief.

Flexeril
Elizabeth C McCartney says :

I was prescribed flexeril many years ago. I had fallen on ice and shattered the L1 through L5 on the left side of my spine. Thank goodness I turned slightly to try and protect my fall some or may paralyzed today? But I was prescribed pain medicine as well as Flexeril and though the medicine did make me sleepy until my body adjusted to it like any new medicine may? You need to build the tolerance for it. It has worked well for me many times and would recommend it. If it makes you sleepy take during times you may rest. And drink with milk or eat prior to taking may aide in the added drowsiness? I have had no side effects once I adjusted to the medicine and had no withdrawal symptoms once I stopped the Flexeril too? So please give this medicine a chance to work before you decide it don’t help?.

Galega says :

Use of Flexeril is not recommended for prolong duration. And, I won’t suggest you to start again without taking consent of your doctor. Please speak to your doctor and only then start it again.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2624061156600730/k2311a0624/6.24.10