Viena City (Austria)  » Travel  »
  • Another thing that impressed me was the cleanliness of the city, not a paper or any type of garbage on the streets, and that is difficult, imagine Madrid or Granada with nothing on the streets
  • One thing I didn't like too much is that the city is expensive, very expensive, much more than Paris, but nevertheless going on a student scheme I took advantage of a large number of discounts and opportunities to greatly reduce the cost of my stay in Vienna
  • The bakeries are the best, visiting a Cafe or a Konditorei is a MUST, and eat a Sachertorte or apple strudel, for her pastry is truly greater than anything I've ever seen
  • Finally I'd like to mention the level of security of the city, which is extremely good, I know there is crime but I honestly didn't see nothing like that, it's a very very safe city, unlike Prague or Budapest which are close to Vienna and a couple of hours driving so is also a good settlement to go from there to all these cities in central Europe

• by raisen90

Hi, i’m going to talk you about a long trip to Viena I did some time ago.

First, Vienna it’s cold, reaaaaaly cold, especially in December when it snowed almost every day. The city itself is expensive compared to Prague or Budapest, but it’s more worth of a visit.

I arrived to Vienna in August 4th in the afternoon. I spent a month there and it was one of the experiences that have filled me most in my life. I discovered a new kind of life.

In general, the Viennese are a bit unpleasant people, but only in appearance since they are very friendly, cordial and sincere once you get to know them.

The Saxon lifestyle is very different from the Spanish but nonetheless I didn’t miss things from Spain, because meals are very good, in

Vienna there’s is a highly developed cuisine and the Viennese cuisine is the only one with the name of a city, as in France there is Vienna, and there is Austria, which are parts of a whole but are clearly different.

The city is simply magnificent, beautiful from all points of view, there is no even one corner that does not have a singular beauty. The center of the city with the Hofburg and Staphansdom is an incredible visual recreation, and special mention for the imperial palace of Schonbrun. The Ringstrasse and city parks are pleasant places to walk and relax.

Another thing that impressed me was the cleanliness of the city, not a paper or any type of garbage on the streets, and that is difficult, imagine Madrid or Granada with nothing on ...

• the streets. So yes, it’s a very clean city.

One thing I didn’t like too much is that the city is expensive, very expensive, much more than Paris, but nevertheless going on a student scheme I took advantage of a large number of discounts and opportunities to greatly reduce the cost of my stay in Vienna. But for regular people Viena might seem kind of unaffordable if you really want to enjoy all it has to offer.

Another thing is the subway, if you want you can slip in very easily, if you ever go there or if have already been there, you will know why.

I’ve ever seen. I wish I could make cakes like that here.

I also advise you go to a classical music concert, theater or opera because the prices are not as expensive and is truly unique to attend these rooms which are so beautiful and famous and you can enjoy yourself for a while with music by Mozart, Strauss, Beethoven and others….

Finally I’d like to mention the level of security of the city, which is extremely good, I know there is crime but I honestly didn’t see nothing like that, it’s a very very safe city, unlike Prague or Budapest which are close to Vienna and a couple of hours driving so is also a good settlement to go from there to all these cities in central Europe.

All in all, an unforgettable experience.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3824061156580730/k2311a0624/6.24.10