Sudafed  » Medicine  »
  • My experience is that these usually start to work really fast
  • There are some side effects that I have noticed, however, these are for me very mild and not enough to stop using this medicine
  • I know that the medicine is drying out my sinuses and that is the whole point of the medicine, but it seems to dry me out as well
  • So far, this is not a huge problem for me
  • Again I think this is down to the drying out that the medicine is designed for with sinus problems

• by npz

For sinus issues and sinus infections, the misery can be quite hard to bear. I usually get a combination of headaches and stuffed up nose. Or sometimes I have a perpetual dripping down my throat. It could be mild or severe, but always miserable.

There are a lot of medicines on the market. A lot of them are very good but some of them turn out to be useless. Not so with Sudafed. This medicine comes in cardboard boxes with blister strips of tablets. Each tablet is a really small round red tablet. The tablets are very easy to swallow and don’t really have a

bad aftertaste. It is best to take these with water or another cold drink as this makes them even easier to swallow.

My experience is that these usually start to work really fast. My sinuses start to clear and my headaches start to stabilise. I can feel relief within a short amount of time and this is a really good result. Sudafed truly is an effective decongestant and it really works.

There are some side effects that I have noticed, however, these are for me very mild and not enough to stop using this medicine. I always find when I am taking this medicine that I get really,

• really thirsty. I know that the medicine is drying out my sinuses and that is the whole point of the medicine, but it seems to dry me out as well.

So far, this is not a huge problem for me. Because I know I am going to be thirsty whenever I take Sudafed, I try to remember to drink more, and to stay well hydrated. This way, I don’t suffer too much from the feeling of constant thirst, though my mouth does remain somewhat dry.

However, this side effect of being thirsty and feeling dry has allowed me to discover something else about this medicine. I can also

take this when I have a streaming cold, and more often than not, this medicine helps to suppress the symptoms so that I can carry on with my normal day. Again I think this is down to the drying out that the medicine is designed for with sinus problems. However, it also seems to dry out my colds as well.

Finally the only other side effect that I do not like is that it can make me feel nauseous. Again this is not a big deal, however, sometimes if I take it for a couple of days or more, I can feel a bit Ill.

Overall, I recommend Sudafed very highly.

Sudafed

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2623061156340330/k2311a0623/6.23.10