Alice in Wonderland (2010)  » Movies  »
  • The look of everything was very Tim Burton so I enjoyed that very much that he stuck to his signature style of doing things
  • However I may have enjoyed watching it in 3D because the already amazing visual appeal would have appeared even more awesome

• by GoodEgg462

My review is very so so with this movie. I was so excited to see it because I heard how awesome it was and I am a huge Johnny Depp fan. I had it in my NetFlix queue for ever and was uber excited when they finally sent it to me after being on a long wait for what seemed to be forever.

As far as the acting goes it was a great cast and everything was acted out very well. Alice was very classic looking and really appealed to me because it was exactly as Alice should have looked. The Red Queen character was very impressive and she did a great job of acting the part. The make up and special

effects in the movie were awesome. I kept getting a crack out of how big the red queens head was. Johnny Depp of course did a wonderful job as always and as I expected. So overall the acting was phenomenal.

The sets for the movie were awesome and very visually appealing. I can imagine that the people that saw it in 3D were amazed by it. I only watched it on my 42 inch HDTV on blu-ray so the picture was nice and crisp. The look of everything was very Tim Burton so I enjoyed that very much that he stuck to his signature style of doing things.

The story however I was very upset with, If they would have made the title ...

• different and not mislead me to thinking this was an adaptation of the original I might have not been that let down. I was under the impression that this was a Tim Burton remake of the Lewis Carrol Classic “Alice in Wonderland”, however it turns out that it is basically what people in the movie business would call a sequel. I was sitting there thinking pretty much for the first hour of the movie that this was just a remake. Come to find out this is a completely different story and she has returned to Wonderland. This completely took me out of the movie and is what upset me so bad.

Me and my boyfriend were actually going to go see

this in theaters but I’m glad I just got it through my NetFlix and sent it back and didn’t invest a whole bunch of money into it- going out to the movies isn’t by any means cheap these days. However I may have enjoyed watching it in 3D because the already amazing visual appeal would have appeared even more awesome. And I honestly think the 3D aspect is why the movie got such rave reviews in the first place.

So acting, visual appeal were absolutely phenomenal, but the story and the way they hyped up the movie could have been done better and differently; I am very upset I was mislead into thinking it was a remake.

I’d give it a 6 out of 10.

Alice in Wonderland (2010)

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1123061156070230/k2311a0623/6.23.10