Veetee Dine In Basmati Rice and Mushroom
  • But I love rice and this packet of Veetee Dine In Basmati Rice and Mushroom looked so tempting on the supermarket shelf
  • I think this is so convenient to cook as you have to keep your eye on rice when you do it from scratch or it can go badly wrong
  • But this is also good with my favourite Korma curry made with lentils
  • I will be trying other rice dishes from this range and I would recommend you try this out

• by jeanne71

Rice seems to be such a simple thing to cook but I have not yet mastered the art of getting it right ie. nice and fluffy and separated. But I love rice and this packet of Veetee Dine In Basmati Rice and Mushroom looked so tempting on the supermarket shelf. It comes in a white plastic tray and you can see the freshly cooked rice through the clear cellophane on the front. It is so easy to

prepare this, which is half the attraction for me. You just peel the cellophane back halfway and stick it in the microwave for 2 minutes. The result is just what it says on the label – restaurant quality rice – and it is lovely.

As I do not trust my microwave I checked the rice after about a minute and gave it a little stir. When the 2 minutes was up, I stirred it again and it really ...

• was cooked to perfection. The packet was steaming and the rice was fluffy and separated. I think this is so convenient to cook as you have to keep your eye on rice when you do it from scratch or it can go badly wrong.

The appearance of this basmatic rice is a nice brown colour which is created by natural mushroom flavouring using wheat and soya, with very small, straggly pieces of mushroom strewn throughout. It contains various

herbs and spices too and it does have a good flavour. For a light lunch, I can enjoy a bowl of flavoured rice like this just on its own. But this is also good with my favourite Korma curry made with lentils. This 280g pack contains two good servings so it is good value for such tasty, practically ready-cooked rice. I will be trying other rice dishes from this range and I would recommend you try this out.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2723061155670230/k2311a0623/6.23.10