Morrisons High Fibre Bran Breakfast Cereal
  • I have been enjoying this High Fibre Bran breakfast cereal from the Morrison supermarket own brand label, more than I thought I would
  • But I have been enjoying this cereal and I think I might even prefer it to All Bran as the little sticks of bran are possibly a bit thinner and easier to eat with cold milk
  • I know that the advantage of bran cereals is that they are really high in fibre and so keep you regular
  • This is a pleasant tasting, healthy bran cereal and I would definitely buy it again, especially at that low price

• by jeanne71

I have been enjoying this High Fibre Bran breakfast cereal from the Morrison supermarket own brand label, more than I thought I would. This was really inexpensive at only about 79 pence for a 500g box which is a lot cheaper than the Kellogg’s All Bran that it is ripping off. But I have been enjoying this cereal and I think I might even prefer it to All Bran as the little sticks of bran are possibly a bit thinner and easier to

eat with cold milk. To be honest, if I were going on taste alone, an All Bran type cereal would not be my first choice, but I do believe in at least making breakfast a healthy, nutritious meal and I do prefer to have healthy cereals. So considering this cereal is comprised of little bran sticks, I think it is pretty nice and it certainly fills me up.

This is described as ‘wheat bran sticks fortified with vitamins’. I know that the ...

• advantage of bran cereals is that they are really high in fibre and so keep you regular. I will not dwell on the subject of ‘being regular’ but this stuff really does get your system going so cereals like this can really help if you suffer from constipation.

Also, being high in fibre, this cereal is great if you are on a diet as it is relatively low in calories compared to other cereals, at 174 calories for a 40g serving, but it also fills

you up really well. I feel really satisfied with this for my breakfast and it makes my tummy feel good. I tend not to feel hungry for a few hours so this is a really filling breakfast. By the way, I have a sweet tooth but I do not feel the need to add any sugar to this cereal as it tastes fine on its own.

This is a pleasant tasting, healthy bran cereal and I would definitely buy it again, especially at that low price.

Rob London says :

Morrisons High Fibre Bran cereal is not as tasty as the Kellogg`s version and doesn`t soak up the milk as well, so it stays in-soggy for a bit longer. I much prefer the real thing and I only tried the cheap version due to Morrisons being out of Kellogg`s the other day. 5 out of 10

Harriet says :

I think it is worth getting the real thing as in all the cheaper products they never seem to have the same quality.

Celia Roberts says :

Have used and enjoyed this product for years. Compared to K. AllBran it is better value, and I have also preferred the taste. However, in the last couple of months (Spring 16) the taste seems to have changed, and not for the better Now investigating some alternatives.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2723061155660230/k2311a0623/6.23.10