Land of the Dead (2005) Movie
  • My favourite all time zombie movie is Return of the Living Dead which has a lot of humour to it, but as horror films go, I would rather watch a zombie movie than a lot of other rubbish out there
  • I thought Land of the Dead was very entertaining all the way through with loads of action and utterly splattering gore
  • I think we should suspend our disbelief for this film without thinking about how impossible it would be for a dead brain to develop an intellect
  • Land of the Dead is fun and incredibly gory but there is not enough here for me to consider it a great film

• by jeanne71

Land of the Dead is the fourth zombie film directed by the master of zombies, George A. Romero. I am not overly familiar with Romero’s previous movies to be honest. My favourite all time zombie movie is Return of the Living Dead which has a lot of humour to it, but as horror films go, I would rather watch a zombie movie than a lot of other rubbish out there. I thought Land of the Dead was very entertaining all the way through with loads of action and utterly splattering gore.

The special effects/horror make-up is brilliant. I cannot stand gore (I hate Saw and stuff like that) but for some reason, I can take zombie gore, maybe because they are already dead and if I had one of those things coming at me, I would want to blow its head off as well. This was a very entertaining movie.

The city is led by the evil Dennis Hopper who is brilliant as the meglamaniac who has created a luxurious city dwelling for the rich and the select, leaving everybody else to live in the ...

• slums amongst the zombies. This is a world that has got used to zombies and they are used in cage fights like Romans fighting the lions, for public entertainment. Tourists can have their pictures taken with chained up zombies. The zombies have also been developing in intelligence and in this movie they are pretty strong and quick considering they are dead and have rotting muscle mass. I think we should suspend our disbelief for this film without thinking about how impossible it would be for a dead brain to develop an
        intellect. Anyway, the zombies are pissed off and this is analogous to how the people feel who are living in the slums. Hopper and his henchmen also treat the poor citizens as expendable just like the zombies. For this reason, we almost see the zombies as good guys who are fighting oppression. The revolting (in both senses) zombies have their own leader who is intent on getting to that luxurious city.

Land of the Dead is fun and incredibly gory but there is not enough here for me to consider it a great film.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1123061155630230/k2311a0623/6.23.10