The Olive Garden  » Restaurants  »
8401 Gateway Blvd W El Paso, TX 79925
  • I have went to this restaurant on multiple occasions and always get the same experience
  • One thing that I like about the Olive Garden is that they serve a complimentary glass of wine with each meal
  • I know these breadsticks are great, because I really don’t like eating bread so much, but I could eat those all day
  • I love cheese, so I usually get them to grate a little extra over mine
  • The portions are quite small, but always cost over 10 dollars

• by adrean_j

In El Paso, there are not many Italian restaurants to go to. The most popular one is Olive Garden, I assume because it is the most known restaurant. I have went to this restaurant on multiple occasions and always get the same experience. It is terribly overcrowded and you have to wait for seating each and every time. It is best to make reservations in advance if you are planning on eating at this restaurant. The wait is usually between 30 minutes to an hour just to get seated. I hate waiting, so this is really an annoyance to deal with. I usually only go to this restaurant when my family insists. Somehow they never make a reservation.

The building is quite lovely on the inside. There are multiple chandeliers that provide an ample amount of lighting. It really sets a beautiful atmosphere. There’s also plenty of plants, and Italian themed pictures throughout the restaurant. While you

enjoy your meal, there is Italian music playing lightly, which is subtle but enjoyable. One thing that I like about the Olive Garden is that they serve a complimentary glass of wine with each meal. My husband especially enjoys this part as well. He never turns down a free drink.

With every order, you receive unlimited breadsticks and salad. The breadsticks are my favorite part, and I usually eat more of them than I should. They are always warm, soft, and thick. They have a special seasoning sprinkled over them that really make them one of a kind. I know these breadsticks are great, because I really don’t like eating bread so much, but I could eat those all day. The salad is good, but comes with a special house dressing. The dressing is kind of tangy and seems to be a type of vinaigrette. I don’t really enjoy the dressing. I get my salad with ...

• Ranch Dressing, which makes it a wonderful treat.

The food is always hot, but it always takes forever to get the food. We almost always fill up on salad and breadsticks before the food comes. The food takes about 45 minutes to come out. When it does come out the staff will grate fresh parmesan cheese over your food. I love cheese, so I usually get them to grate a little extra over mine. I’ve had a variety of dishes at this restaurant, and really never had a complaint. The variety of pastas and pasta sauces are absolutely delicious Although the restaurant is packed the wait staff is very attentive. I’ve never had a problem getting drink, bread, or salad refills. They make you feel welcome. The Olive Garden is really a great restaurant with great food. It is really just the pace of service that ruins the experience. So if you plan on going to this

restaurant, you must either make a reservation, go when you aren’t starving, or just be mentally prepared to wait.

Another thing, that I really don’t like about the Olive Garden is the fact that it is over priced. The portions are quite small, but always cost over 10 dollars. They do have deals sometimes for unlimited salad and pasta or unlimited salad and soup. I’ve tried the unlimited soup and salad and it is worth the 6 bucks. They have a variety of about 6 different soups, and you can have a different soup every time you refill your bowl. With the unlimited pasta, you can get a different noodle type and sauce type every time you refill your bowl as well. This is great for lunch. To tell the truth, lunch during the week is the only time I go to this restaurant without being forced. It is a little less packed at that time.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 723061155340130/k2311a0623/6.23.10