Golden Corral Buffet and Grill
4610 Woodrow Bean El Paso, TX 79924
  • I love the variety and have to make myself a big salad every time I go
  • It is usually juicy and delicious if the right person is behind the grill

• by adrean_j

One of El Paso’s most popular buffet’s is Golden Corral. It offers a large buffet, with something each member of the family could enjoy. Even though Golden Corral is quite popular, it has many problems that need to be addressed. The prices are affordable. The dinner buffet is 10 dollars and the drink is purchased separately. I have been to Golden Corral so many times in the past years, that I’ve tried almost every item they have. I have a few personal favorites. The main thing that I hate about my local Golden Corral location is the size. It is way too small, for the amount of tables they have inside. The tables are in close proximity to each other and it is almost like you are dining with complete strangers. The dining room is sectioned off into three large sections. I guess they figured this would help down play the crowdedness, but it did not.

The buffet is broken up into three sections as well. The mid section is meat of all sorts. They usually have chicken, pork chops, steak, shrimp, meatloaf, and liver. In this same section you can find the sides like macaroni and cheese, mashed potatoes, and cooked vegetables. There is also a small section where they serve pizza, fries, and their disgusting and bland Chinese food. The right section is a large salad bar with every topping and dressing you could think of. I love the variety and have to make myself a big salad every time I go. They also have about 4 different soups to choose form. As well as fresh fruit in this section. To the left side is the bread and desserts section. The food, is usually pretty decent, but I really just go for the steak. It is usually juicy and delicious if the right person is behind the grill. What ...

• I really hate is that they give you such a small portion of steak that you usually have to ask for more or go back for another piece. They are cut in about 4 ounce pieces.

Food aside, this restaurant is really a mess. Most of the countertops have food slopped all over them. There are always numerous kids running around and spilling food on the floor. I’ve even seen food mixed together in there bins. It really turns me off from the food. I don’t want to see a stray shrimp sitting right in the middle of the macaroni and cheese. The soups are usually thick and sometimes have a film on them that I do not like. The butter an sour cream for the baked potatoes always have stray bacon bits and cheese strands in them. The ice cream is always melting all over the ice cream machine and floor. They really need to

hire someone to solely watch the presentation of the food. I’ve also seen empty pans just sitting on the buffet line. These pans should be full at all times. Something that is really disgusting about Golden Corral is the bathroom. It always smells like old urine and always has trash and paper towels on the floor. I don’t make it a practice to go in there, unless I’m completely desperate. On the flip side, the waitress’ are usually friendly and keep your glass full. Sometimes it is hard to find seating, but this is usually on the weekends. They aren’t sticklers like other restaurants about the difference in the lunch and dinner price. You could get there ten minutes before the dinner price kicks in and pay the lunch price. You can then enjoy all of the food on the dinner menu. This restaurant is laid back, and pretty cool , if you don’t mind somewhere very loud and very busy.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 723061155270130/k2311a0623/6.23.10