Six Flags Magic Mountain  » Entertainment  »
26101 Magic Mountain Parkway Valencia, CA 91355
  • Even with the mishap I had, I would still recommend this amusement park

• by adrean_j

Living in California as a child and teenager, I’ve visited most of the major amusement parks there. One trip I’ll never forget was our trip to Six Flags Magic Mountain. The rides were so large that I could see them miles away from the park. Finding parking is almost impossible. The streets around the park are packed and there are people walking around everywhere. We always ended up parking distances away and walking to the amusement park. I guess people who show up when it first opens get good parking. If you show up later in the day, like we always did, be ready to walk. You can’t take anything with you in the park, and it is best to leave your purse in the car. If you have a wallet and some keys that is fine. Don’t wear any jewelry if you plan on riding rides.

This Six Flags, had some of the scariest rides I’ve

ever seen like the Goliath and the Superman, which is a straight down drop. I was really exited to get inside and get on some rides. We had to wait in line for about 30 minutes before actually getting into the park. When we got in, it was extremely packed, but still quite clean. You would expect it to be a mess, filled with trash, with all of the people inside. However, you see employees constantly walking around cleaning up trash. The bad thing is that to get on any rides you have to wait in outrageously long lines. I hated waiting 30 minutes just to get on a ride. The first ride I got on was the Viper. I have to say it scared the living daylight out of me. The second ride I got on was one of the first rollercoaster’s built in the park. It was a classic wooden rollercoaster named the ...

• Colossus.

I got on and they latched the metal bars. The guy came by and checked the bars as usual and walked right past mine. I felt it and it felt a little loose to me. They were starting the ride and I freaked out. My bar was loose. So the ride starts off with a really large drop. When the rollercoaster went down I held on as tight as I could. Good I did, because my butt went up, then slammed back down. The bar then latched on tight. However, it was too late, I was totally freaked. The rest of the ride I felt like I was going to have a heart attack. My trip was then ruined and I couldn’t get on any more rollercoaster’s. I tried to still enjoy my time by watching shows and playing games. They had great shows to watch, like ice skating, saloon girls, and dancing performances.

They also have a whole section in the amusement park, just for kids, this makes it a great amusement park for the whole family.

If you visit Six Flags Magic Mountain, be ready to spend lots of cash. Everything is extremely over priced. A bottle of water goes for 6 dollars. Food is just as expensive. They have high prices, because they know people get thirsty and hungry, and they don’t allow outside food. One of my personal favorites is the funnel cake. I always get mine sprinkle with a little powdered sugar. The are always so warm and delicious. They are soft and scrumptious. The gift shops are also way over priced. I usually stay away from games and overpriced souvenirs. Six Flags Magic Mountain is a great park. If you plan on taking the family be ready to spend hundreds of dollars. Even with the mishap I had, I would still recommend this amusement park.

Six Flags Magic Mountain

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5923061155250130/k2311a0623/6.23.10