Monistat 7 Day Treatment  » Medicine  »
2.5
  • Of all the Monistat yeast infection treatments, I would say the original 7 day treatment is the best
  • Reading the back of all of the Monistat boxes, I found out something important
  • I’ve had an experience with each of the level of treatments, because unfortunately, I get yeast infections periodically
  • In my opinion the 3 day and 1 day treatment medicate so much at one time, that it causes a severe reaction
  • I would highly recommend the original 7 day treatment over all other treatment options

• by adrean_j

Of all the Monistat yeast infection treatments, I would say the original 7 day treatment is the best. It is gentler than the other shorter treatments, but still quite reliable. When I first used the Monistat 7 day, I was kind of skeptical. I couldn’t imagine dealing with this horrid yeast infection for seven more days.

I was in agonizing pain between the itching and burning feeling. I couldn’t barely move without feeling some kind of irritation. I rushed to the store to get the trusted Monistat brand as I always do.

Reading the back of all of the Monistat boxes, I found out something important. I could use

the treatment that was less days, but it could still take up to seven days for the infection to go away completely. So in my mind, I rationalized that it is better to go for the mild treatment whenever possible.

You end up getting the same dosage, but over a few days time, instead of all at one time. I’ve had an experience with each of the level of treatments, because unfortunately, I get yeast infections periodically. In my opinion the 3 day and 1 day treatment medicate so much at one time, that it causes a severe reaction.

With the shorter day treatments, I usually wake up ...

• in the middle of the night with uncontrollable pain.

When I used the 7 day treatment, I did feel a little bit more of a burning sensation the first night. However, this is nothing compared to the agonizing pain I went through with the 1 day treatment.

While the one day treatment was supposed to help, it gave me much more problems than I’d anticipated. The 7 day also wasn’t as intense as the 3 day treatment. This seven day treatment was in cream form, so it was slightly messier than the ovals they promote.

After three days of using it, I started do feel some relief. I however opted

to finish the treatment as directed. I couldn’t risk this yeast infection going untreated.

The outside cream they gave on the other hand was not very good at all. It caused quite a bit of irritation so I decided not to use it. I didn’t want to make the problem worse, by adding more itching and burning.

I would highly recommend the original 7 day treatment over all other treatment options. The difference is like day and night. The difference can be compared to be burned with a regular hand lighter, to being burned with a blow torch.

I warn all women to not put themselves through more torture looking for quick fixes.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2623061155150130/k2311a0623/6.23.10