Good Housekeeping Revitalizing Gold Jewelry Cleaner  » Housewares  »
  • I don’t have many gold items, but the few I do have, I like to keep clean
  • When I was in there I noticed the Good Housekeeping Revitalizing jewelry cleaner
  • I love this gold cleaner and recommend it to everyone that has gold

• by adrean_j

I don’t have many gold items, but the few I do have, I like to keep clean. I have a pair of gold earrings my husband gave me last Christmas, along with my rings, and he has a set of gold teeth. These items are worn by us daily and often get dull. Because of lotion and hand washing our rings our rings usually have streaks and dirt on them. My husbands teeth sometimes get black marks on them because he smokes while they are in his mouth. My earrings get greasy streaks all over them from my hair. So as you can see, my gold gets really dirty really fast. I looked up how to clean gold online, and it told me to use hot soapy water. I did this plenty of times, but

it was leaving my gold dull. I wanted something to make it shine, so I went in search of cleaner at the local Wal-Mart. When I was in there I noticed the Good Housekeeping Revitalizing jewelry cleaner. The jar was enticing on it’s own. It was bright red with shiny gold lettering. It really catches the eye. It was 5 dollars so we decided to try it on our jewelry.

The cleaner comes with a little basket that you can drop your jewelry in. The basket then sits in the cleaner and allows your gold to soak. It is accompanied by a soft bristled brush, that you can lightly scrub your jewelry off with. I expected it to be strong or have some outrageous smell, but it was subtle. I really didn’t smell much of anything.

• It had a mild ammonia free formula. When it got on my hands I never felt any irritation, which is always a plus. After allowing the gold to sit in the solution for two hours, I lightly scrubbed with the brush and rinsed them off with warm water as directed. I could see a considerable difference as I was rinsing the gold. I then dried it off with a soft lint free towel. The jewelry looked better than it did when we first bought it, especially my earrings, which had been covered in grease before. They were blingin and shining from all angles. It didn’t do as well on my husbands teeth, but got rid of a lot of the black spots that had accrued.

I was even more shocked to see

how good they looked in the sunlight. The gold was much more noticeable after using this cleaning solution. My friend even thought I had gotten a new pair of earrings. I love this gold cleaner and recommend it to everyone that has gold. If your gold is shiny, this will keep it’s luster. If your gold is dull, this will rejuvenate it. The jar is very economical, because it lasts for about a year. This is with me soaking all of the gold twice a week. The Good Housekeeping jewelry cleaner is also made for silver, but I haven’t had a chance to try it yet. This gold cleaner is excellent and I will continue to use it for years to come. I don’t think there is one thing they need to improve about the product at all.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5323061155140130/k2311a0623/6.23.10