Bowlero Lanes bowling alley  » Entertainment  »
8941 Dyer St El Paso, TX 79904
  • With this problem, most people just go out to eat, go to play games, or go to the mall
  • I try to avoid Friday nights and Saturdays
  • It has something that can be enjoyed by everybody and the prices are more than acceptable

• by adrean_j

In El Paso, there is not much fun to be had. With this problem, most people just go out to eat, go to play games, or go to the mall. There are a couple of bowling alleys also. Right near my house there is a Bowlero Lanes bowling alley. This bowling alley has been located here for most of my life and I’ve been there more than enough times. Over the years, it seems the quality of the bowling alley diminished. They always having specials going on, especially through the summer, so it is easily an affordable thing to do. Depending on the day of the week, you could get half off, buy one get one free, or free shoes. Because Bowlero is the only bowling alley in the North part of

the city it is usually very packed on the weekends. I try to avoid Friday nights and Saturdays.

The equipment and bowling shoes are not up to par, however. The shoes are usually old and tattered. I’ve even gotten some shoes that smelled before, and had to take them back up to the counter. I tried to go without wearing them one time, but they said they are required to play, unless you are a child. About two or three of the lanes are always out of order. This really poses a problem when they are busy. The bowling stations are usually neat and clean, however. The score boards always work properly, and the screens are always clear. Sometimes we have to get the attendant to reset the pins, when it doesn’t ...

• record that a pin fell. This is a really relaxing bowling alley, the temperature is always perfect. I hate going to places that are freezing inside. It makes it hard for you to really enjoy your time.

Bowlero lanes is good for children, because they have small bowling balls for them. The also have a guide that helps them roll the ball with ease, accompanied by rails. This makes sure that the child gets some kind of points. A gutter ball is not possible. My daughter and her cousins have a ball bowling. It makes them feel like grownups. This is also a good place for people who don’t enjoy bowling so much. There is a whole section of pool tables that can be played on for just a dollar a game. The

bar is located near the pool tables, where they serve a wide variety of beers and mixed drinks. I personally don’t like pool and don’t know how to play it, so I don’t spend much time in this area. The arcade is kind of shabby, with only a few classic games like Pac-Man. I’ve ordered food from the concession before, which tastes pretty good. I just don’t make it a practice, because it is so expensive. I refuse to pay 4 dollars for a hot dog.

All in all this bowling alley is pretty decent. It is good for bowling and pool. It has something that can be enjoyed by everybody and the prices are more than acceptable. You can spend a good two hours at Bowlero, and not even notice it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5923061155090130/k2311a0623/6.23.10