Aveeno Is Better Then Carmex
  • I have had this problem since in was in my teens and was clueless as to how to get rid of it
  • However, I am not very impressed with Carmex
  • If you get a little of the Carmex in your mouth, even by accident, you should definitely be prepared for a very bitter taste

• by mandavalga

I have big problems with dry cracked lips especially in the summer. They tend to crack so bad that they bleed and scar. I have had this problem since in was in my teens and was clueless as to how to get rid of it.

However, after awhile though my mom told me to try Carmex Medicated Lip Balm. She used and said that it would help to heal my lips and make them smooth again. I gladly took the advice because my lips were painful and still bleeding a little so I was willing

to try anything to make them better.

I want to say that it did work. My lips did eventually heal and stop bleeding. However, I am not very impressed with Carmex.

Although it worked, it did not do a very good job at nourishing my lips after they healed. It really only worked after my lips were cracked. If I used it while my lips were healed, they were often dried out and I would have to keep applying coats to keep them from cracking again.

Second I did not like the feel of the Carmex on the ...

• my lips. It was really waxy and smelled awful. It made my lips feel like I had this thick wax coating them. I wanted my lips to look and feel nourished and smooth the Carmex accomplished neither.

I also do not like the taste of the Carmex. That is not to say that I eat the lip balm, but when I have it on I do have a tendency to like my lips. Its a habit that I have when I’m working and when I’m stressed. However, this stuff is not made with

that in mind. If you get a little of the Carmex in your mouth, even by accident, you should definitely be prepared for a very bitter taste.

I have stopped using Carmex and switched to Aveeno Essential Moisture Lip Conditioner. The Aveeno heals my lips just as good as the Carmex but keeps them nourished, smooth and moisturized between uses then does the Carmex. The Aveeno also helped to diminish the look of scars on my lips from all the cracking.

All in all its an okay product, but I definitely like my Aveeno a lot better.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2623061155020130/k2311a0623/6.23.10