Mazda BT-50 3.0 4 x 4 Pick-up Truck
  • I am considering a 4 x 4 because I know that in case of flood, I need a lot of power to get through
  • I would have to consider this because my office is about 15 kilometers away with plenty of potholes along the way
  • Although as an upside, I noticed that there are not a lot of lady-driven Mazda pick-ups here in my country

• by LaPinay

One of the consequence (and one which I view as an advantage for an online writer) of being a victim of typhoon Ondoy/Ketsana is that since I have to replace a lot of things that I own, I get a lot of materials for writing reviews. One of the things that I need to replace is my flood-damaged car. I realized after the disaster that I need a vehicle that can safely ferry my family through raging floods. There were a lot of stories of people trapped in their vehicles and died. A pick-up, with its open flatbed, is a lot safer. Instead of a sedan, I am not considering a pick-up.

A vehicle is huge investment for me

and so I have been patiently researching my next pick-up and taking each candidate-vehicle for a test drive. I tested a few weeks ago the Mazda BT-50 3.0 4 x 4 variant. I am considering a 4 x 4 because I know that in case of flood, I need a lot of power to get through. The salesperson gave me a lot of technical specifications which sounded nonsense to me: 3 liter 16-valve common-rail direct-injection 4-cyclinder diesel engines paired with a smooth-shifting 5-speed manual transmission. Although I can drive a manual transmission, I have been spoiled recently by our automatic transmission cars. My brother assured me that a manual transmission works better under the extreme conditions that I want ...

• my vehicle to be prepared for. I did notice that the 4 x 4 made for a stiff ride. I would have to consider this because my office is about 15 kilometers away with plenty of potholes along the way. A sore driver I do not want to become. Although as an upside, I noticed that there are not a lot of lady-driven Mazda pick-ups here in my country. Ladies here prefer compact SUV like Honda CRV. I always like to be first and this will certainly impact a lot on my decision.

I noticed that the power steering is very responsive, a very important factor for a lady driver. It is a truck after all and I imagined that

it would take all my muscles to operate it – not true in this case, it responded pretty well with ease. I love the look that it sports. I can see myself in a dress driving it down the highway – love this image, tough and sporty car driven by a hot female. It has a lot of safety features incorporated into it, dual front airbags, front side impact airbags, seatbelts and of course an alarm system. The audio is mp3 capable, and get this, has an Audio Level Control where the volume will adjust according to the speed of the vehicle.

This ride is a bit expensive at about $30,000 but its great look is tops in my department.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 923061154771230/k2311a0623/6.23.10