Acer Aspire One Model: AO532h  » Computers  »
  • I have gone 9 hours without it being plugged in before with no problem

• by LDP

The Aspire One net book, model: AO532h was given to be as a Valentine’s Day gift from my boyfriend in 2010. It was a replacement from my old heavy laptop and at $300; it was a price that couldn’t be beat for a laptop that came with Windows 7 Starter Edition; which I will review later.

At first, although the “baby laptop” as I call it, was a gift; I did not like it. It took me well over a week to train my typing fingers

to the cramped keys on the keyboard, needless to say I had many typo’s…I still suffer from typo’s due to the severely sensitive mouse pad. One slight graze of your thumb or palm on the mouse pad will immediately put your cursor in a new place and your typing will begin there, sometimes entire paragraphs are deleted because of the mouse pad sensitivity as well. The mouse pad is directly below the space bar and is flush with the bottom portion of the laptop; meaning, there are no borders around it or anything to keep you from accidentally grazing it.

For the reason of the mouse situation along with having to constantly adjust the screen resolution for no apparent reason; I have to give the Acer Aspire One a 3 out of 5 star review.

I will say, however, that I did get used to typing on the keyboard (except for the accidentally grazing of the mouse pad, which I have found no way to disable while typing). Although the screen is ...

• Acer Aspire One Model: AO532h
      10.1” LED LCD screen, it is big enough, especially for people who have trained their eyes to enjoy surfing the web on their cell phones. The 10.1” screen seems huge compared to using my BlackBerry!

For the most part I really like the Aspire One Model: AO532h net book. It is light, surprisingly durable (I have dropped it at least 3 times with no damage) and has a super long battery rate. I have gone 9 hours without it being plugged in before with no problem. My

old laptop would only conserve battery life without being plugged in for merely an hour at best.

Other than the sensitive mouse pad and the changing of screen resolution for no apparent reason, I am “now” satisfied with this “baby laptop”. Once you get used to typing on it, you will probably like it as well. As mentioned, there are some minor annoyances, but you will eventually get used to them and remind yourself that you get A LOT for the small price you paid for it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1923061154701230/k2311a0623/6.23.10