Malaysia Airlines, Los Angeles to Kuala Lumpur  » Airlines  »
  • One of the best trips to the pacific southeast Asia, I took Malaysia Airlines from Los Angeles to Kuala Lumpur
  • Wine was free, and even beer, but limited to 3 per person (to avoid inebriation)

• by StarbaseOne

One of the best trips to the pacific southeast Asia, I took Malaysia Airlines from Los Angeles to Kuala Lumpur. Cost was $1,097 in coach class. Checking in was very smooth, and the staff were very polite and helpful. At the gate, announcements were made every few minutes, and the flight left right on time. We also landed exactly on time at the other end. All segments were right on time, none late.

The plane was new, modern and roomy. Plenty of leg room for me, and a nice 10 inch screen on the back of every seat. The entertainment system was great, with about 14 hollywood movies

in English and a few foreign films. Several video games are offered, and there is a remote control that extends from the arm of the seat. There were a dozen radio stations for music, from light rock to dance, and Asian hits, and headphones were handed out to everyone, wrapped in plastic. Magazines in several languages were also available, and 2 English newspapers. The cabin was also very clean and smelled nice. The bathrooms were big and well stocked with paper and soap.

The meals were great. Served in a decorative box, they offered fish, chicken or all vegetables, and it was really quite good. The breakfast was either a rice ...

• bowl or pancakes, and eggs and fruit. We got 3 meals on the flight (14 hours), and loads of snacks. Wine was free, and even beer, but limited to 3 per person (to avoid inebriation). Snacks, cakes and regular drinks were always available, lots of juice and water, as much as we wanted, from 1 hour after take off to 1 hour before landing. The attendants were very nice and spoke perfect English.

The seats were comfortable and reclined about 10 inches for sleeping. They dimmed the cabin for 6 hours over night, but I could still watch movies at my private console, if I liked. Pillows and blankets

were handed out. Except for the dimming period, a large screen at the front showed a map of our journey across the ocean. The pilot kept us informed of on-time status and weather in KL. The flight itself was smooth. When we landed, they gave directions for the train into the city, and for connections if someone was going to other cities. The train from KL airport was easy to find, and quick into the city center.

I enjoyed the flight quite a bit. I will fly Malaysia Airlines again soon. They offer a really good service, and great on-time record. By the way, Kuala Lumpur was a fun city to visit also!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 4023061154671230/k2311a0623/6.23.10