Smart Bro Plug-It Broadband Internet Connection
  • I don't have to maintain it in a specific period of time, so I won't have any problem if I transfer to another apartment or go home for good
  • I also thought that it's very convenient to have a Plug-It so that I can use my laptop anywhere, as long as there's a Smart network coverage
  • However, I noticed that sometimes even if there's a strong Smart signal in a specific location, the Smart Bro Plug-It is still not getting a strong internet connection
  • Some of the best internet connections have a one year contract

• by Alex_29

Ever since I had my laptop, I’m using Smart Bro Plug-It as my internet connection. The first reason that I got it is that, it doesn’t have a contract. I don’t have to maintain it in a specific period of time, so I won’t have any problem if I transfer to another apartment or go home for good.

I also thought that it’s very convenient to have a Plug-It

so that I can use my laptop anywhere, as long as there’s a Smart network coverage. It’s also a good choice because it’s prepaid.

So, you can really control the money that you spend on internet. There’s also no fix internet monthly payment.

However, I noticed that sometimes even if there’s a strong Smart signal in a specific location, the Smart Bro Plug-It is still not getting a strong ...

• internet connection. That’s what’s happening in my apartment.

Sometimes I get a good connection, while in some other times, I don’t. There was also a time when I need to be interviewed through Skype that the connection was really bad.

I was told by a friend that the Smart Bro Plug-It will not really give you a good Skype connection. It can only be used in an ordinary surfing

of the internet.

Despite these, I still continue on using it because I don’t have much of a choice. Some of the best internet connections have a one year contract.

And if ever I’ll move to a different house, the charge for relocation would be expensive. They also have an unlimited internet connection that I really like.

With 200 pesos only, I can go unlimited surfing for 5 days.

kurt says :

re : However, I noticed that sometimes even if there’s a strong Smart signal in a specific location, the Smart Bro Plug-It is still not getting a strong internet connection
    this is very true…thats why we should boycot smart and buy globe instead

carmie26 says :

I think both telecoms has its negative side. Both offers unlimited internet service but both haven,t found a way to resolve slow internet connections.

zhyaic says :

hmmm i just want to ask if how will i use my smart bro prepaid kit.. cos everytime i plug it into my laptop, i need to connect to internet first. though it has a connection already in my broadband kit.. still i cant open any website .. what is isp stands for..? and how will i get that.. cos it necessary for me to have a net connection.

Jules Li says :

Zhyaic, ISP means internet service provider. In this case Smart would be your ISP.

kathleen says :

I’ve been a user of SmartBro Plug-in and i approve it’s efficient service though. But when i am in a remote area, like my hometown where i am now, i really have a difficult time connecting with the internet using SmartBro. It’s really been a hassle surfing the internet with an on and off internet connection. How can i have a strong internet connection whenever i use SmartBro in a remote area?

shylo says :

The best thing you can do is look for an area near you where there is strong signal for your SmartBro. Or, you can also try to call SmartBro Customer Service Hotline at(02) 672-7277 or 1-800-10-672-7277 or via sms at 888, and they can tell you how their signal works and the nearest hotspot in your location. You can also try to request for signal enhancement in your area.

kurt says :

its not the best thing to do actually…when i called one of their customer service representative…he said..they need to troubleshoot my sim number ??? the hell??..i have 2 sim of smart bro plug-it, thus i tried whether its the sim or the modem but i think its the product itself…and im thinking they don’t test for the maximum and minimum capacity of every modem they are making..they even add stuffs like ” up to 12 mbps” ,,i even test the speed of my smart bro at speedtest.net and its not even reaching 1% of that 12 mbps…yet they always claim that they are the best network/provider…i will only believe when i see atleast 1 satellite owned by them flying above…

Azriel says :

200 pesos of 5 day surfing limitless is quite expensive especially if you have to plug the device to the laptop to enjoy a service. Now there are mobile internet that gives you more choices at a lower cost.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2123061154541230/k2311a0623/6.23.10