Canon Vixia HF200 Camcorder
  • I personally think this camcorder is amazing
  • Although this problem may be a bummer for most people do know there is a way to resolve it
  • Other than this I faced no other major problem with the camcorder and I think it was one of the better purchases I have made in while

• by ireview2live

For shooting movies, home videos and you childs next performance in school, a normal camera nowadays doesn’t cut and it is impossible to find a good camcorder. What do you do? You buy the Canon Vixia HF200 Camcorder. I personally think this camcorder is amazing. It may be a bit too expensive for its class, at 600 dollars, but it does offer many features which does set it over the top.

The first thing that made me choose this camcorder is it’s palm sized figure. It weighs only about 14 ounces and it fits easily into your hand, so dropping it is generally out of

the question. Additionally, this camcorder has a very fast start-up time, and it falls asleep to conserve energy which makes it more accessible. I remember one I was at a school play, and my son was performing. I had forgotten his act was next and when I realized his name was being called. In the 20 seconds that took him to get on the stage and take his pose to start this performance this camcorder up and running and I manged to get the whole performance on tape. This was a life-saver because missing such a moment is basically detrimental to me as a father,

• but I am glad this camcorder saved me.

The HD factor of this camcorder is also a good thing. Since this camcorder has a zoom factor of 15x, HD sometimes gets blurred but this device does a great job in keep the video in at least 720p. Obviously this is a commendable feature, but then again if it was expected since I was paying about another couple 50 - 100 dollars.

One thing that I saw was hurting my videos was that the camera did not perform well in low light so I had to buy a separate lighting attachment to make my videos come out

better. Obviously during my son’s performance, when it was fairly dark I could not have used the lighting feature but once during a tour in a cave within Illinois, I put on the light and got excellent results in my video. Although this problem may be a bummer for most people do know there is a way to resolve it.

Other than this I faced no other major problem with the camcorder and I think it was one of the better purchases I have made in while. It has really helped me preserve memories and edit them how I choose thanks to the Canon Vixia HF200.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1623061153781130/k2311a0623/6.23.10