Halls Sugar Free Cough Drops  » Medicine  »
  • I know the signs to look for now, my throat start itching and my eyes start watering and I know I have about 30 seconds before I start coughing uncontrollably
  • The lozenges also have an interesting texture, both soft and hard
  • The packaging says oral anesthetic, but I must say I have not noticed this

• by npz

When I get a bad cough, everybody knows about it. It goes on and on seemingly for ever, and is this nagging dry cough that just won’t stop at any time of the day or night. If I don’t take something and just leave it without any kind of medication, it never clears up, it just lingers and gets worse.

I do take a liquid cough medicine at the recommended intervals during the day, however, often I find myself out and about in between doses either having a full on coughing attack or at the very least starting to feel one coming on. I know the signs to look for now, my throat start itching and my eyes start watering and I know I have about 30 seconds before I start coughing uncontrollably.

Thankfully I have found

Halls Mentho Lyptus Cough Suppressants and Oral Anesthetic. The pack of lozenges claims that they provide relief within 10 seconds. I have timed it, and guess what? It’s true.

These lozenges are very small and each of them is individually wrapped in a paper wrapper. All of them come in a Ziploc style re-sealable plastic bag and are incredibly inexpensive. Given their size and portability, they are ideal for carrying, for example, in my pocket or in my bag.

One of the things I really like about these is that they are sugar free. From every point of view, this is a good thing. For one, it means that I am not effectively sucking on sugary sweets all day when taking these, so I appreciate the fact that they do not have added ...

• sugar.

Even though they are sugar free, I still like the taste of these. They are mentholly and they do immediately start to clear my sinuses. It feels almost as if a cool breeze starts blowing throw my head as soon as I start to suck on one of these lozenges. The lozenges also have an interesting texture, both soft and hard. What I mean by this is that there is almost a soft and chewy outside of the lozenge, and then at the heart is a very hard center, very much like a boiled sweet.

I would not mind if the taste was not good, which it is, because the most important factor to me is that they work. In less than ten seconds, my cough is suppressed, and that is worth its weight

in gold. Also, if I feel a coughing attack coming on, I suck on one of these lozenges, and the coughing fit goes away. The suppressant also lasts a reasonable amount of time, so I do not need to keep popping these in. I can have one of these lozenges and then forget about my cough for a long time.

The packaging says oral anesthetic, but I must say I have not noticed this. I have had other lozenges which tend to numb my tongue or throat and those I would describe as having an anesthetic effect, but not with these. This does not bother me in the slightest as I do not take these for sore throats, my main reason for taking them is for suppressing my cough, and it works. Good enough for me!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2621061153711030/k2311a0621/6.21.10