Monistat 1 Day or Night Treatment  » Medicine  »
0.5
  • I went to the store asap, before the problem got any worse
  • I would recommend that anyone else with a yeast infection do the same, and definitely don't try this product and go out

• by adrean_j

For some reason or another I am really sensitive and tend to get a yeast infection every few years. I hate these times, because it is the most agonizing torture I’ve ever been through. I’ve had both my children by cesarean and much rather go through that surgery than have a yeast infection. I always hated the way they would make treatments in 3 or 7 day packages. These treatments usually irritated me more, before actually curing the infection.

This time around I knew that Monistat had a new one day treatment. This made me so happy. I went to the store asap, before the problem got any worse. When I got there, the treatment was more expensive than the others.

It was about 20 dollars. I usually wouldn’t pay that much for an over the

counter medication, but was at the point of pure desperation. I took it home and quickly read the instructions. It was a pretty big oval capsule that I was going to need to insert.

It guaranteed to stay in place, because it was one of those treatments you can take in the day time. I really didn’t trust that claim anyway and decided I should wait until bed time to take the treatment.

When I took the treatment, it was a mental relief. I wasn’t stressing so much about the irritation because I knew it would be over soon.

I was fast asleep to wake up to the worst burning pain of my life. I mean if it woke me out of my sleep, it had to be bad. I knew it was the treatment. I went ...

• to the restroom to notice that it had leaked everywhere and was giving my skin the irritation the other versions did.

However, because this product was stronger, the irritation was that much stronger. I’ve never felt so much pain down there as I felt that day and would never forget it. I had to jump in the shower to clean the product off. I was feeling like someone was putting a blow torch to my skin.

After about 30 minutes of scrubbing and waiting for the remainder to drip down, I finally felt okay. I looked at the clock and it was only two am. I’d only been asleep for four hours. So obviously this Monistat 1 day treatment that is supposed to stay in place for 8 hours didn’t do what it as supposed to.

What if I were walking around at work when this happened. I would have looked like a fool. I mean the irritation was so bad that it literally brought me to tears. I was laying down and it leaked out at a rapid speed.

The next day I felt much better and by the day after that, I was pretty much cured. So it still took three days to clear it up, but with a higher price to pay. I will never ever in my life buy this product again. I’ll just use the 3 day treatment which is much more mild and still does the job.

I would recommend that anyone else with a yeast infection do the same, and definitely don’t try this product and go out. You will be guaranteed to be sorry if you do.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2621061153661030/k2311a0621/6.21.10