Aspire One  » Laptops  »
  • However the one I bought runs a version of Linux which I don't much like
  • I saved 10€ buying it with Linux but I thought it would be normal Linux, my bad
  • I could change it to normal Linux but I've been too lazy so far, so as you can see it's not THAT much of a problem
  • I love this, I once did a long hike which I carried it with me for where I blogged about all that I was experiencing

• by Andrew Gubb

I use the Aspire One netbook. It’s quite a good netbook; I haven’t used any other so I can’t compare, but I can give a fairly good review nonetheless.

The Aspire One netbook has never really given me much problems, and it was very cheap. It does what it is supposed to, which is a compliment when we are talking computers. However the

one I bought runs a version of Linux which I don’t much like. This is “Linpus Linux” and it’s basically Linux for dummies. It’s computers for dummies. I saved 10€ buying it with Linux but I thought it would be normal Linux, my bad. I could change it to normal Linux but I’ve been too lazy so far, so as you can see ...

• it’s not THAT much of a problem ;)

Aside from that you should know that the Aspire One is a netbook, that’s a tiny computer which weighs about 1 KG. The bonuses of this is that you can carry it anywhere without any problems whatsoever, going to a cafe to work is really easy and I can travel with it too, no problems. I

love this, I once did a long hike which I carried it with me for where I blogged about all that I was experiencing. It’s also cheaper than a regular notebook.

Now the bad: it’s uncomfortable to write on when you have serious work to do as it’s too small, and you sometimes have to lean over the screen to see it, which isn’t so good.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 6321061153511030/k2311a0621/6.21.10