Raw Food Diet  » Health  »
  • Fruit, being the staple of a low fat raw diet (I feel low fat is the only way to go long term and recommend Douglas Graham's book, “The 80/10/10 Diet” to anyone who is interested in going raw and doing it well) is perhaps THE healthiest food around and definitely the healthiest way to get calories

• by Andrew Gubb

The Raw Food Diet is a diet which I have found to be excellent for maintaining my health and improving it. I’m not alone, many many people have tried this diet and had excellent results. To compare, I’ve tried whole foods vegan and macrobiotic diets as well, and neither have done the same sort of thing for me as the raw food diet.

The raw food diet is centred

around the foods which are edible raw, namely fruit, nuts, seeds, greens, and sprouts (sprouted seeds and grains). Normal grains are not edible raw as they have antinutrients that must be destroyed by heat. So cooking is useful for them, but when we have the option to eat fruit I feel that it is time to leave behind the survival technique that is cooking.

Fruit, being the staple of ...

• a low fat raw diet (I feel low fat is the only way to go long term and recommend Douglas Graham’s book, “The 80/10/10 Diet” to anyone who is interested in going raw and doing it well) is perhaps THE healthiest food around and definitely the healthiest way to get calories. If you think about it, you have to eat a lot of raw fruit to get enough calories
        to last the day, which means that you have to consume a lot of their vitamins. They also have none of the toxins which grains and animals have, being things that don’t want to be eaten. Fruit is something which nature has designed to be eaten and is great for that purpose.

I feel so much better and healthier and more energetic on this diet. I would recommend it for anyone.

Raw Food Diet

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3421061153250930/k2311a0621/6.21.10