Acer Aspire 5739G  » Computers  »
  • After installing a few of my favourite apps and getting everything personalized to my liking I put the Aspire through a few tests, first up was rendering so I opened up 3D Studio Max and was absolutely amazed at how quickly and smoothly everything loaded
  • Within an hour I had created a 3D render of my laptop with shadows and lighting absolutely flawlessly, everything was so quick to load so smooth the rendering took but a few seconds rather than minutes and I was very impressed
  • After this I decided to try out some gaming
  • Once the game had been configured and I began to play the campaign I was amazed at just how well it performed, everything was so smooth the loading times between chapters were pretty much instantaneous and my gaming experience was certainly more than I bargained for
  • Absolutely great laptop would recommend it to all, handles anything I throw at it and only struggles slightly at maximum detail on very high end games, performs easily as well as a modern desktop PC and is ideal for doing pretty much anything on the go due to the long lasting battery life and built in WI-FI

• by Daryl

After 8 years of using a now obsolete IBM T23 laptop, it was about time I upgraded to today’s standard.

I needed a laptop which would do everything I wanted it to do from playing games to 3D rendering, watching movies, doing coursework for college and of course watching movies.

So I went out and bought myself an Acer Aspire 5739G from Acer Direct, it arrived within a few weeks of ordering and I couldn’t wait to get it up and running.

Everything was ready to go right out of the box I powered it up, entered a few initial installation details and everything was ready to go the laptop comes with Windows 7 pre-installed along with a few essentials (trial versions) such as MS Office and McAfee virus protection.

everything loaded.

Within an hour I had created a 3D render of my laptop with shadows and lighting absolutely flawlessly, everything was so quick to load so smooth the rendering took but a few seconds rather than minutes and I was very impressed.

After this I decided to try out some gaming; so I installed Metro 2033 and gave it a whirl on medium-high detail, expecting reasonable results from the built in Ge-Force 240M with 1GB dedicated memory.

Once the game had been configured and I began to play the campaign I was amazed at just how well it performed, everything was so smooth the loading times between chapters were pretty much instantaneous and my gaming experience was certainly more than I bargained for.

The movie playback was brilliant with the 15.6 inch HD LED LCD screen, everything was clear the brightness was suitable for any circumstances ranging from very dim to extremely bright; it even worked well in direct sunlight and could be seen clearly.

The speakers were acceptable though most laptops do sound a bit ...

• “tinny” due to being built in; the added Tuba bass speaker under the LCD screen certainly played its part and made the sound far better than most previous laptops I have come across.

Heating is surprisingly good, the fan is usually very quiet except during gaming where extreme graphics power is required (the graphics card gets warm) however with the main heat vent being on the underside to the left, one must be careful when using it on their lap or a surface such as a bed.

The support were a little troublesome however, having had my brothers Acer power supply fail they requested they receive the entire machine however after sending only the power supply back they returned a new one without any issues.

The microphone can sound a little “whirry” at times due to what I believe to be background fan noise however I do use my microphone at a high sensitivity and at lower settings the sound cannot be heard.

I have personally had no issues with this at all, and highly recommend

it to all who require a laptop which does pretty much everything they could ever require, it performs extremely well and the battery life lasts at least 2 and a half hours at max performance or 4 and a half on economy.

The screen is more than adequate for all applications from watching movies to playing games and much more, the sound quality is great for a laptop even at high volume there is no distortion and the built in Acer arcade software allows the system to boot-up into a “Media centre” mode to allow direct playing of movies or viewing of pictures from the hard disk or CD/DVD ROM without having to wait for Windows or having any disturbances from other applications.

Absolutely great laptop would recommend it to all, handles anything I throw at it and only struggles slightly at maximum detail on very high end games, performs easily as well as a modern desktop PC and is ideal for doing pretty much anything on the go due to the long lasting battery life and built in WI-FI.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1921061153130930/k2311a0621/6.21.10