Scars On Broadway - Kill Each Other/Live Forever (Song)  » Music  »
  • The song opens up with somewhat of an interesting riff, distorted and rock driven by certainly not a galloping type of riff which he has been using a lot on this album thus far
  • I’d say that this shift is the best part of the song, and my personal favorite, as the track then builds back up and Malakian continues to impress me with his vocal performance due to some vocal harmonies he does later on in the track

• by Grimmy101

Kill Each Other/Live Forever is a song by Scars On Broadway which appears on their debut self-titled record. I’ll say right now that this track is extremely repetitive and there isn’t a lot of diversity in the song, but I’ll also say that Daron Malakian gives once of his better vocal performances throughout the entire album on this track.

The song opens up with somewhat of an interesting riff, distorted and

rock driven by certainly not a galloping type of riff which he has been using a lot on this album thus far.

Malakian quickly gets into the first verse which is one I hope that you enjoy because the second verse is just like it, hence why I said that there isn’t a lot of material in this track and it’s sort of repetitive.

The first verse is nothing all that special but I do enjoy the way that the track builds up for the pre-chorus where Malakian certainly demonstrates a nice vocal sound once again, the use of slight background vocals is also beneficial here in my opinion.

As I said, the second verse just repeats the first verse so this is again nothing all that special and it’s really exactly just a loop of what we have just heard with ...

• Scars On Broadway - Kill Each Other/Live Forever (Song)
      the first verse through the first chorus.

However, after the second chorus the song takes a bit of a shift and features Malakian singing the pre-chorus of the song but only with a synthesizer which is very light in the background, or in other words, Malakian’s voice is really center stage at this point in the track and he certainly shows that he can handle it with an excellent vocal delivery.

I’d say that this shift is the best part of the song, and my personal favorite, as the track then builds back up and Malakian continues to impress me with his vocal performance due to some vocal harmonies he does later on in the track.

Overall, I want to stress that this track is extremely repetitive, but at the same time it’s still an enjoyable song and the parts themselves aren’t bad.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1421061152690830/k2311a0621/6.21.10