Scars On Broadway - Babylon (Song)  » Music  »
  • I will be very simple right now and say that I think this is the most developed track on the entire album and certainly has the best songwriting on their debut record
  • Whereas with the previous track, Kill Each Other/Live Forever, I found the song to be far too repetitive and lacking in parts, Babylon certainly has a lot of excellent parts in a very short time of just around three minutes
  • The vocal melodies throughout this more aggressive section are simply excellent and Malakian’s voice certainly has that very distinct sound to it which I personally enjoy, although I know that a lot of people don’t particularly enjoy it
  • One thing I would’ve liked to have heard on this track would’ve been a guitar solo but everything else felt extremely well paced and nothing else really seemed to feel missing in my opinion

• by Grimmy101

Babylon is a song written by Scars On Broadway which appears on the track listing of their debut self-titled record. I will be very simple right now and say that I think this is the most developed track on the entire album and certainly has the best songwriting on their debut record.

Babylon starts out in a very melodic fashion with Malakian singing in an extremely laid

back and almost eerie tone allowing with a repeating guitar pattern before the drums come in with a light repeating rhythm.

Whereas with the previous track, Kill Each Other/Live Forever, I found the song to be far too repetitive and lacking in parts, Babylon certainly has a lot of excellent parts in a very short time of just around three minutes.

The track continues on in this melodic fashion until about a minute and a half in where Malakian picks up the vocal delivery and then the music picks up intensity to follow his vocal lead.

The vocal melodies throughout this more aggressive section are simply excellent and Malakian’s voice certainly has that very distinct sound to it which I personally enjoy, although I know that a lot of people don’t particularly enjoy it.

...

• Scars On Broadway - Babylon (Song)
      The flow and rhythm of this more aggressive section is simply excellent and everything seems to come together in this track extremely well with precise attention to detail.

One thing I would’ve liked to have heard on this track would’ve been a guitar solo but everything else felt extremely well paced and nothing else really seemed to feel missing in my opinion.

Malakian’s vocal performance throughout the

entire track is just excellent and the music itself is wonderful as well, particularly Dolmayan’s drum rhythms which are extremely powerful and add a lot of depth to the track.

As I said, I’d say this is the most mature song on the record and the most developed and if Scars were to put out another record, I would love for them to go in this very mature songwriting approach, excellent track.

Thabiso Mbusi says :

I studied music at school so I understand the use of value instrumentals. I will confess that that in this song, the instrumentals are used beautifully although I feel there should have been more usage of a more harmonious sound.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1421061152680830/k2311a0621/6.21.10