Scars On Broadway - Chemicals (Song)  » Music  »
2.5
  • I’ll say right now that although I like the song itself, I’m not a huge fan of the studio version and would certainly recommend a live version over the studio version
  • Throughout this entire debut record Malakian has impressed me with his vocal performances, but unfortunately I cannot say that about Chemicals
  • The verses are less robotic, but the problem with the verses is that Malakian chooses just a strange delivery for some of the lines, something he doesn’t really do live, and this certainly takes away from my enjoyment of the track
  • I have to say that when I heard the live version of this song I was pretty impressed and enjoyed the song quite a bit, since I heard all of these songs live before the studio version, but I was pretty disappointed with the studio version

• by Grimmy101

Chemicals is a track by Scars On Broadway which is on their self-titled debut record. I’ll say right now that although I like the song itself, I’m not a huge fan of the studio version and would certainly recommend a live version over the studio version.

Throughout this entire debut record Malakian has impressed me with his vocal performances, but unfortunately I cannot say that about Chemicals.

Whereas live the lyrics to this song flow extremely well and

Malakian has a lot of natural character singing them, on the studio version they sound very awkward and I just can’t stand some of his deliveries throughout this entire song.

If I had to make a brief comparison, I would say that the live version has a lot of character and energy while the studio version has a robotic and mechanical feel.

I also do not simply mean that the pre-chorus of this song sounds robotic, which is ...

• obviously what the band was going for and I actually don’t even mind that much, even the chorus of this song sounds extremely mechanical to me and I really don’t hear all that much character in Malakian’s voice.

track.

I have to say that when I heard the live version of this song I was pretty impressed and enjoyed the song quite a bit, since I heard all of these songs live before the studio version, but I was pretty disappointed with the studio version.

I’m saying this to stress the point that the song itself really isn’t bad at all and it’s a pretty enjoyable track, but the studio version simply cannot stand up to the live version.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1421061152670830/k2311a0621/6.21.10