Scars On Broadway - Enemy (Song)  » Music  »
  • Something notable on this track is the percussion isn’t just the traditional drumset, I believe I could hear some bongos or other unconventional percussion instrument towards the start of this track
  • Enemy isn’t exactly one of my favorite songs from this album but I can certainly still say that I enjoy the track despite not being one of my favorites

• by Grimmy101

Enemy is a track by Scars On Broadway which shows up on their self-titled debut record. Enemy starts off with a very light guitar riff which is dominated by a wah effect and certainly has sort of a dancing, or at least moving, rhythm to it.

track.

Malakian comes in with the verse in a pretty melodic vocal delivery, sort of a faster version of Funny, as he sings in a melody which seems to fit this dancing guitar riff pretty well.

For those of you who are familiar with System Of A Down, specifically their song entitled Drugs which they would play as a live song from time to time, Malakian incorporates that song to work as the bridge of this ...

• track.

As far as the musical transition, the flow form Enemy into Drugs and back into Enemy is actually very smooth and sounds as if they were written together rather than being two separate tracks.

However, lyrically, putting Drugs right in the middle of this song really makes little sense to me as the lyrics to the two songs really have nothing to do with each other, that I could tell, and it seems sort of

random.

Nevertheless, I still enjoy this section although it seems sort of out of place.

Enemy isn’t exactly one of my favorite songs from this album but I can certainly still say that I enjoy the track despite not being one of my favorites.

Although I don’t think this is one of the more developed songs, the rhythm has a nice touch to it since it has such a moving sound and certainly a pretty fun track.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1421061152660830/k2311a0621/6.21.10