Scars On Broadway - 3005 (Song)  » Music  »
  • Along with Babylon, I would consider this to be one my favorite tracks on the album and I love how Malakian went with quite a different style on this track compared to the rest of the album
  • As with Universe, there are some interesting bass fills throughout the song so this is another thing to watch for

• by Grimmy101

3005 is a song by Scars On Broadway which appears on their self-titled debut record. Along with Babylon, I would consider this to be one my favorite tracks on the album and I love how Malakian went with quite a different style on this track compared to the rest of the album.

Whereas the rest of the album is pretty much rock driven, for the most part, 3005 actually has somewhat

of a country sound to it, particularly due to the guitar parts and also somewhat due to Malakian’s vocal performance.

However, I don’t mean for this to sound like a bad thing as I really enjoy 3005, particularly because of the lyrics which speak of the actual year 3005 and how the future doesn’t currently look to be in good prospects according to Malakian.

The song shifts between a verse which ...

• isn’t extremely light, but at the same time not heavy at all, to a chorus which isn’t necessarily more aggressive, but just sort of more alive.

Surprisingly, Malakian solos once again, and once again I’m glad he does this as his solo fits perfectly with the track and does just what the song calls for.

thing to watch for.

Malakian may not shred like some other modern players, but he certainly does manage to come up with a solo which always manages to fit and never seems flatly out of place.

Again, a different sound is on 3005 compared to the rest of this record, but I personally really like the sound that Malakian has and think it’s a pretty unique tone, one of my favorite tracks on the record.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1421061152640830/k2311a0621/6.21.10