Acqua di Gio by Armani Eau de Toilette Fragrance  » Perfume  »
  • I’m not certain if the perfume has been followed with a new flanker since it started in the 90’s but this is definitely one of my favorite masculine scents
  • What I love about acqua di gio is essentially the simple linear projection of the scent
  • The smell was quite identical but I thought it lacked the strength of the original
  • Yet, Acqua di gio cannot be replicated for its authenticity and I recommend it for the casual guy or perhaps, the femme fatale with an androgynous taste in perfumes like me

• by jhunie

I’m not certain if the perfume has been followed with a new flanker since it started in the 90’s but this is definitely one of my favorite masculine scents. I’d like to believe it’s a few of those designer fragrances that turned out to be so successful not just in the hip crowds before but it certainly managed to break in the general populace. I have refrained from constantly spraying this cologne because despite its brilliance it had totally become like those household ordinary scents. It seems relatively easy to catch a whiff of this scent just about

everywhere. It’s like a painting that costs a fortune and has been reproduced for mass consumption. Regardless, I still somehow buy this cologne almost at the end of every year for a fool-proof Christmas present to guys.

What I love about acqua di gio is essentially the simple linear projection of the scent. It’s technically complicated in composition but it manages to disguise itself as a modern austere fragrance, just as the cool and fresh revolution in perfumes were starting in that decade. The other day, I was scanning perfume bottles displayed in a counter and was surprised of a knock-off brand of perfume selling what they call as their own ‘version’ of acqua di gio. The smell was quite identical but I thought it lacked the strength of the original. The authentic acqua di gio isn’t straight up aquatic because it tends to retain a woody aroma in its base.

That comparison led me to reach for my bottle of acqua di gio hidden somewhere in my fragrance shelf and splashed it on me. The original is really more masculine. The fresh notes in the beginning combined with its distinctly cool ocean notes makes me ...

• Acqua di Gio by Armani Eau de Toilette Fragrance
      think of a warm sunny day in the beach. The base notes changes to a powdery scent after a while. The lemon note marries the leathery musk very well and I’m afraid it leaves such a ghostly presence on me. Sillage is extraordinary for this fragrance, unlike the contemporary things we smell nowadays that fall so short as a citrus-scented shampoo or mists gone in the wind. To me, acqua di gio strongly smells of a Mediterranean breeze, of oriental sour oranges, of salty sea air, and tropical flowers wrapped around a homey musk – very comforting.

It

comes in a translucent cloudy bottle.It has longer life than most perfumes. However, just about any cosmetics these days, either it be a shaving cream or body wash smells like acqua di gio. It’s really become a domestic scent. Yet, Acqua di gio cannot be replicated for its authenticity and I recommend it for the casual guy or perhaps, the femme fatale with an androgynous taste in perfumes like me. Perfume shops are flanked with this EDT probably in a lower price, around 40 to 50 dollars.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5621061152620830/k2311a0621/6.21.10